PDA

View Full Version : A/C problem

driver456
July 18th, 2006, 12:29 PM
I know this is not tune related but maybe somebody had this problem also.When I press the A/C (snowflake) button it just blinks and goes out.The only code I get is B0361, I know what that code is,But it should still work.Freon level is good.When I use EFILive,Bidirectional controls, I can run the A/C with no problem,The light on the A/C, (snowflake) button stays on and the air is cold.I tried disconnecting the battery,That did not work,Does it work off a vacuum line?What else should I look for?....................Paul

TAQuickness
July 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
good question. Try sending Joecar a PM. He's quite savy with this type of stuff.

emarkay
July 18th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Is the compressor clutch engaging (and turning the compressor?) Is the accumulator (the silver thing on the passenger side cold to the touch?

How do you know R134A charge is adequate? (low side should be between 25 and 50PSI, high side 115 to 310PSI, - page 1-9 of GM 2K shop manual.)

But then again, if the output air is 30 to 40 degrees below ambient, then what's the problem, just the indicator lamp only?

driver456
July 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Is the compressor clutch engaging (and turning the compressor?) Is the accumulator (the silver thing on the passenger side cold to the touch?

How do you know R134A charge is adequate? (low side should be between 25 and 50PSI, high side 115 to 310PSI, - page 1-9 of GM 2K shop manual.)

But then again, if the output air is 30 to 40 degrees below ambient, then what's the problem, just the indicator lamp only?
The compressor clutch engages only when I use the Bi directional controls w/EFILive,The A/C works fine.But with out it the light justs blinks and goes out and the A/C does not work.I have one of those Do it your self refill kits from Walmart with the guage on it and its in the blue area.The only thing is I don't know the high side pressure,I'll see if anybody has any guages I can borrow.I just thought somebody might have had the same problem and had a fix for it.............................Paul