PDA

View Full Version : V8 Scanner setup

minytrker
January 28th, 2021, 03:41 AM
I have a lot of maps, and pids configurations in V7.5 and never have used V8. Is there any way to convert them over without having to build them all from scratch?

wesam
January 30th, 2021, 07:41 PM
I have a lot of maps, and pids configurations in V7.5 and never have used V8. Is there any way to convert them over without having to build them all from scratch?

I'm in the same boat V8 scanner is very good and CAN logging is upgrade but I still in process of changing also you should make calculated PIDS
I hope there is a converter

joecar
January 31st, 2021, 02:25 PM
Post your old V7 calc_pis.txt here and I'll convert/update them for V8.

I need to know what wideband you're using and how it's connected (analog, serial, CAN).

minytrker
February 1st, 2021, 11:31 AM
I'm in the same boat V8 scanner is very good and CAN logging is upgrade but I still in process of changing also you should make calculated PIDS
I hope there is a converter

I dont use efi live very much anymore, we all switched over. The few times I get someone with efi wanting a email or remote tune I just make them use v7.5. V8 looks nice but dont think I can spend the time to learn it for how little I would use it. I am really thinking about getting my V2 upgraded to V3 and listing it for sale. Unfortunately its probably a pretty hard sell with how many streams I have.

wesam
February 1st, 2021, 08:08 PM
I dont use efi live very much anymore, we all switched over. The few times I get someone with efi wanting a email or remote tune I just make them use v7.5. V8 looks nice but dont think I can spend the time to learn it for how little I would use it. I am really thinking about getting my V2 upgraded to V3 and listing it for sale. Unfortunately its probably a pretty hard sell with how many streams I have.

For me EFI is easer and quicker to deal with and better organized for both editor and scanner
keep the good work EFI team :thumb_yello: