PDA

View Full Version : Security Unknown Message During Write

Jim P
January 31st, 2021, 01:45 PM
Long story short, was pissing around tuning with HP Tuners on my 2012, was always leary of HP Tuners. Anyways, it bricked the ECM after a few months of using it, ordered a used one programmed to my VIN, loaded up a tune on the

GMPX
January 31st, 2021, 02:22 PM
It might be a long story but your post was cut short....:nixweiss:

Jim P
January 31st, 2021, 02:23 PM
Ah, what the hell lol.

Jim P
January 31st, 2021, 02:26 PM
I loaded a tune to the “new” ECM with EFILive, didn’t apply the RSA patch first. It gave a security “unknown” message after sending an unlock key, then after the message send an unlock key again and wrote the tune. That normal?

Jim P
January 31st, 2021, 02:29 PM
It takes writes and the truck runs fine other than some gremlins after the bricking of the original ECM from HP Tuners. When I turn the ignition to on, the exterior lights and instrument cluster illumination flashes twice. Other than that, everything is normal in operation of the truck.

GMPX
January 31st, 2021, 03:00 PM
If the ECM hasn't had the anti-tuning stuff turned off then it will still take a stock tune no problem.
Are you sure you started with the correct base calibration? (It will be written on the sticker on the 'dead' ECM).

Jim P
January 31st, 2021, 03:06 PM
Yessir, CM90032. Wasn’t a pure stock file that I loaded to the “new” ECM though either, truck won’t run right or very well without some particular modifications in the tune file.