PDA

View Full Version : February 2021, V8.3.5 Beta 2

Blacky
February 21st, 2021, 05:34 PM
NEW BETA RELEASE IS NOW AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE LATEST BETA SOFTWARE FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS
ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here (https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive).

Attention:
V7.5 no longer supports installation to Windows XP or Windows Vista. This change is due to SHA1 having been deprecated by digital certificate authorities. More info on SHA1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1)
V7.5 and V8 are now only supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

WARNING:
Due to the new security/encryption option in this release, all tune files saved using this release will no longer be compatible with older versions of the V7 or V8 software. If you distribute tune files to other users (i.e. your customers), the recipients must be:

[*=1]using this version or a later version of the V7 and/or V8 software.
[*=1]using this version or a later version of the V2 and/or V3 firmware.

Full Release Notes:

Whats New (https://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_3_5.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.34 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.3.5 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.059 (Feb 22, 2020).
[*=1] FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.169 (Feb 22, 2020).

Download here:

Known Issues:

Issue #1:

Custom operating system (COS) upgrades are not being applied completely.
If you have applied a COS upgrade to any tune file using the V8 beta software, please delete the resulting tune file(s). Those partially upgraded tune files will contain only a partial COS upgrade which will not work and may cause problems if flashed into a vehicle.

Workaround:

Use the V7 software to apply COS upgrades.
Will be fixed in the next beta update which will be posted as soon as the fault is rectified.

Issue #2:

Saving an E98 *.coz file creates the file with some data missing. That will cause a $06FF (checksum) error if that *.coz file is flashed into an E98 controller.

Workaround:

None.
Will be fixed in the next beta update which will be posted as soon as the fault is rectified.

Regards,
The EFILive Team

wesam
February 21st, 2021, 06:01 PM
Thanks Paul I will test it and report back today

wesam
February 22nd, 2021, 06:41 PM
Thanks a lot Paul for this update
the WOS11 issue is fixed and its return valid data
I love the V8 features for scanner and editor
just we need the DVT control in V8 so we can fully switch to V8 and forget about V7.5

Blacky
February 22nd, 2021, 06:51 PM
just we need the DVT control in V8 so we can fully switch to V8 and forget about V7.5

DVT controls are very close (for CAN based controllers), they are in internal testing right now.
VPW based controllers will be started after the CAN based DVTs reach beta testing stage.

Regards
Paul

wesam
February 22nd, 2021, 06:55 PM
Paul Is there any way in V8 scanner to open MAPs which I defined in previous dashs instead of rework them from beginning ?
lets say i have a dash for E38 and want to import some of them to E67 dash

Blacky
February 22nd, 2021, 07:08 PM
Paul Is there any way in V8 scanner to open MAPs which I defined in previous dashs instead of rework them from beginning ?
lets say i have a dash for E38 and want to import some of them to E67 dash

Yes, you can open/save individual map files or copy/paste individual maps using these options:
Use Right-Click -> Map Properties (Shift+F6) to display the Map property editor.

You can even copy maps from V7 to V8 using the [Copy for V8] button, then just click the [Paste] button in V8 to paste the map from V7.

Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
February 23rd, 2021, 01:20 PM
Yes, you can open/save individual map files or copy/paste individual maps using these options:
Use Right-Click -> Map Properties (Shift+F6) to display the Map property editor.

You can even copy maps from V7 to V8 using the [Copy for V8] button, then just click the [Paste] button in V8 to paste the map from V7.

Regards
Paul

Excellent!

I think I was having trouble with exactly this on my last V8 scan adventure. I'm assuming that loading individual

maps to the currently loaded dashboard, it prompts you to save the dashboard if it's been modified like this?

Thank you.
Chuck CoW

Highlander
February 24th, 2021, 09:09 AM

EI EI EI.... don't go on knocking down V7.5...... not on my watch buddy.

Blacky
February 24th, 2021, 10:09 AM
Excellent!

I think I was having trouble with exactly this on my last V8 scan adventure. I'm assuming that loading individual

maps to the currently loaded dashboard, it prompts you to save the dashboard if it's been modified like this?

Thank you.
Chuck CoW

Yes, it should do.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 24th, 2021, 10:10 AM
EI EI EI.... don't go on knocking down V7.5...... not on my watch buddy.

I know you like V7, but it is time to take it out the back and shoot it :)
Regards
Paul

minytrker
February 24th, 2021, 02:34 PM

Regards
Paul

I made a post about weeks ago and wasnt told anything. I havent used V8 because I wasnt going to spend all the time to remake everything from scratch since I dont use efi very much anymore.

Chuck CoW
February 24th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Regards
Paul

Some of us are having a problem with this..... :bash:

At least I know I'm not alone....

Chuck CoW

Blacky
February 24th, 2021, 03:58 PM
I made a post about weeks ago and wasnt told anything. I havent used V8 because I wasnt going to spend all the time to remake everything from scratch since I dont use efi very much anymore.

Sorry, I don't see every post. If there's something that you don't get an answer for - just PM me (or Joecar or GMPX or Tordne) with a link to the thread.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 24th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Some of us are having a problem with this..... :bash:

At least I know I'm not alone....

Chuck CoW

V7 will still keep working. But there won't be anymore development or new features for V7.
Regards
Paul

Highlander
February 25th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Regards
Paul

V8 is more powerful. No doubt about it. But V7 is the standard which I judge any other software to be honest.
V7 has something in the charts that makes it so easy to spot changes and anything happen.

Although lately I haven't used V7 Scanner in a couple of months, and you apparently fixed a bug with the calc pids which i am happy for. I have added almost all the custom parameters I need. I have been moving away. But it still shares a big place in my tooner heart. I mean, we've been using it for 10 years now?

wesam
February 28th, 2021, 08:15 AM
It seems the copy/past and multiply with labels is not working wjen used in V8 scanner and V8 editor
if I paste and multiply with label the data I copied from V8 scanner in the V7.5 editor it will show "Cant find any matching col/row labels, no data has been pasted"
So it seems there is something wrong with the V8 scanner or the way I define the rows and columns

second issue I will attach photos for the buttons was available in V7.5 but not in V8 in the DTC and many tables like speed limiter 23681236822368323684

Highlander
February 28th, 2021, 09:46 AM
You need to set the column value as "Value". Otherwise it won't paste.

Highlander
February 28th, 2021, 09:50 AM
On the buttons. Just click on top of them. it will work

Blacky
February 28th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Enumerated values (i.e. text based values) are implemented in V8 as drop-down lists.
You can click on the cell to drop down the list and select the value using the mouse, like this:

Or you can press the first letter of the enumerated value to select that value. If multiple values have the same starting letter, keep pressing that letter to cycle through all values that start with that letter.

If you want to change, multiple enumerated values at the same time, select all the ones you want to change (you can select disjointed groups by holding the CTRL key and clicking each individual cell, or contiguous ranges by holding the SHIFT key). then click on the focused cell (the one with the dark blue background) to drop down the list and select the value. All selected cells' (that have the same enumerated options) will be updated.

Regards
Paul

joecar
March 10th, 2021, 12:27 AM
Good info, thanks for explaining (first letter of enumetated value is very handy).