PDA

View Full Version : Location of the WBO2 sensor

Garry
July 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM
OK, before I finally get my LC1 installed ...

I was planing on putting it in the passenger side stock bung of the NBO2 sensor. That bung is just about on the bottom half (more like almost bottom center) of the exhaust right before the cat.

Now, the LC1 manual states that in order for the sensor to work best, and keep working the longest, it ought to be installed on the TOP half of the pipe, TDC being the optimal position.

So, now what?

Tordne
July 19th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I just got an extra bung put in near the stock NB location. Mine sites horizontal to the ground (just like the NB sensors) and it has been working well for a year and a half already.

Chuck L.
July 20th, 2006, 01:54 AM
OK, before I finally get my LC1 installed ...

I was planing on putting it in the passenger side stock bung of the NBO2 sensor. That bung is just about on the bottom half (more like almost bottom center) of the exhaust right before the cat.

Now, the LC1 manual states that in order for the sensor to work best, and keep working the longest, it ought to be installed on the TOP half of the pipe, TDC being the optimal position.

So, now what?

if the sensor is below ctr, the moisture, seen on cold starts, will be collected in the shell. That can ruin the sensor, or at best, shorten it's life....
I like to see them at 11 o'clock, or 1 o'clock, if given the space.:)