PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan weekly update March 12, 2004

Blacky
March 11th, 2004, 08:19 AM
This is the first of what will become regular weekly bulletins about our tuning tool. Today, I want to talk about EFILive's support policy for the Tuning Software.

The EFILive Tuning Software will be supported in the same manner as the EFILive Scan Tool. That means bug fixes and minor enhancements are free for the life of the product. Even if you sell your product to someone else they will also continue to get free bug fixes and minor enhancements.

Our philosopy on bug fixes is this: We intend, to the best of our abilities, to sell a bug free product that does what it is advertised to do. If there is a fault in the software or some feature does not perform as expected, then it is *our* responsibility to fix it. The customer should not be expected to foot the bill for us to fix our own mistakes.

Major upgrades will attract an upgrade charge.
If/when there is a major upgrade, we reserve the right to charge for the upgrade. That doesn't mean we will charge for it, in fact the upgrade from V5 to V6, which most people would consider a major upgrade, did not attract any upgrade charge.

Adding support for a new PCM is not considered an upgrade and will not be free. It takes physical resources and time to "map" a new PCM.

Hardware upgrades will attract an upgrade charge, at least to cover the cost of the new hardware and the shipping and handling.

Regards
Paul

Steve Bryant
March 11th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Paul, this is a great idea to post weekly progress reports. That way, your customer base stays informed and we all have a sense of participation in this new endeavor!

Thanks,

Steve

Highlander
March 12th, 2004, 03:43 AM
I have all calibration info on all ls1s... if you are interested we can help each other... I can actively reprogram ls1s right now... and a few trucks. I have the hardware and I have a few things I can contribute with. My specialty is calibration info.

Let me know if you guys are interested. It takes time to map the PCM out, I have pretty much them mapped out. Let me know.

GMPX
March 12th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I have all calibration info on all ls1s... if you are interested we can help each other... I can actively reprogram ls1s right now... and a few trucks. I have the hardware and I have a few things I can contribute with. My specialty is calibration info.

Let me know if you guys are interested. It takes time to map the PCM out, I have pretty much them mapped out. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer, but we have all that under control. We have been working at assembler level with the LS1 PCM for about 2 years now so we have pretty much sussed all the maps and parameters out for 1999+ PCM's. You'll see that once the editor is released :lol:

Highlander
March 12th, 2004, 03:25 PM
No problem... i wasn't looking for any money.. rather goodies ;)

Like you did with efilive v4.. jeje...

Let me know