PDA

View Full Version : bank to bank variance in open loop!?

ringram
July 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Ok so we know open loop fuels both banks the same, but who has measured bank to bank with a wideband and compared BEN's?

With closed loop trims for me are around 2% different. Ive not moved the WBO2 to check so was wondering if this difference is also shown between banks with a wideband or are they both the same?

Anyone?

TAQuickness
July 20th, 2006, 09:40 AM
oh oh oh, pick me pick ME!

I run a dual wide band OLSD and found a terrible leak in my intake manifold. On average, my left bank was running 2-3 AFR higher than the right. At one point in time I managed to get both banks lined out for about 15 minutes. During this time the AFR's were within .5 of each other.

ringram
July 20th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Ok cool. So there is a natural difference then assuming the WB02 is reading accurately in both banks.

TAQuickness
July 21st, 2006, 03:38 AM
The margin of error I saw when the AFR's did line out could be many uncontrollable variables. There are likely small calibration differences between the two WB's coupled with a lumpy cam.

your NB's will give you the first clue as to what is going on. If one bank is 5% higher than the other, you know something is not right. But in OLSD, you don't have LTFT's. Dual WB's enabled me to monitor both sides and identify a major problem.