PDA

View Full Version : N20 Question

batesyellow01
July 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hello,
I am a newbee to this forum and EFI. just started logging and have made a few small changes. I know I have alot of research to do to be comfortable with the progam. I have an 01 c5, CAI, LT's, 160 thermo,descreened MAF, and 100 shot wet nitrous. 2 things I want to make sure on, changing afr into the 11-12 range, and retard timing 4-6 degree's. My nitrous is setup ready to go but afraid to use until I get the two above settings flashed correctly. Not exactly sure which tables to change. Any help appriciated or even a link to research myself. I need to learn all of this and I know it will take time. Have been able to change fan setttings, CAGS, Proper tire size for speedo etc.(The basic Stuff).I don't have wideband yet but is next on my list.

Black02SS
July 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM
You really need a wideband before you can get your AFR into the correct range. It is a tool that is very essential in tuning especially when dealing with a FI motor of some kind. For wot changes you need to get your basic tables down first (VE, MAF) then you adjust the PE vs RPM table to where you want the AFR. Remember with a wet kit you adjust the AFR for best power NA by tuning and best power N20 with the fuel jets. This will allow you to achieve 12.5-13.3 N/A and 11.0-11.8 on N20.

batesyellow01
July 20th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Ok,
so I definately need the wideband, next on list... Will do the reasearch on MAF and VE, table's adjusting AFR N/A, then in the WOT when N2O kicks in .Are you referring to use the jetting from the wet kit or adjusting flow of injectors ?or as such the AFR in the 11's when in WOT.

Black02SS
July 20th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Ok,
so I definately need the wideband, next on list... Will do the reasearch on MAF and VE, table's adjusting AFR N/A, then in the WOT when N2O kicks in .Are you referring to use the jetting from the wet kit or adjusting flow of injectors ?or as such the AFR in the 11's when in WOT.

On a wet kit it is designed to be adjusted for fueling by the fuel jet. If you do a run with N20 AFTER you dial in your N/A setup first, the car shows lean at say 12.5, then you add a little bigger fuel jet to compensate for the lack of fuel. :)

batesyellow01
July 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM
so, maybe use fuel jet for 125 shot with the n20 100 shot?

Black02SS
July 20th, 2006, 06:27 PM
so, maybe use fuel jet for 125 shot with the n20 100 shot?
If it is lean, yes. If it isn't then no.

Beer99C5
July 20th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Bates, I made it home and will setting mine up today and tomorrow. Note that my schedule is changed up being home, I am not on the graveyard shift when at the house :cheers: .

batesyellow01
July 21st, 2006, 04:50 AM
Hey Beer, good luck can't wait to here your results. You will probably make me want two stage:master: