PDA

View Full Version : Failed CA SMOG, High HCs at 1500rpm

pormgb
April 11th, 2021, 12:11 PM
I have an LS6 swapped Porsche 944, and I failed SMOG by nine points at 15mph HC. I did some logging based on posts I have read on the forum, but OS2s are switching, and I see LTFTs as high as 10%. I don’t think the Cats are bad, but I want to get some opinions to determine if I have a tuning issue. I have attached a log created today and the SMOG report.

statesman
April 11th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Are your O2 switch points {B4105} all set to 450?

pormgb
April 11th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Are your O2 switch points {B4105} all set to 450?
Yes, both banks are set to 450.

statesman
April 11th, 2021, 07:53 PM
Can you do another log for me... but this time add MAF Frequency, GM.VOLTS, and STFT's to the other stuff you're already logging. Also, switch the tune to MAF only for the log. Post your tune file with the log.

pormgb
April 12th, 2021, 01:22 PM
Can you do another log for me... but this time add MAF Frequency, GM.VOLTS, and STFT's to the other stuff you're already logging. Also, switch the tune to MAF only for the log. Post your tune file with the log.

Sounds good. It will take me a couple of days, but I will get the log.

pormgb
April 14th, 2021, 07:11 AM

I got the car out for a good run, and here is the log file and tune. The first thing that I noticed is the -STFT which indicates the car is running rich. I do hear a lot of exhaust popping that sounds cool, bit is an indication of unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Specs;

LS6, 226, 229 575, 585 Cam, SVO 40LB Injectors.

statesman
April 15th, 2021, 02:45 AM
I've had a quick look at your log and you appear to have some issue with your voltage. Your log starts out at 14V and by the end of the log it's down to 13V, but what's concerning is that when you're giving it hard acceleration your voltage drops... around frame 3155 your voltage drops to 11.2V.

I haven't run your numbers yet. I don't see much point in doing that until you get your voltage stabilized.

pormgb
April 15th, 2021, 02:53 AM
I've had a quick look at your log and you appear to have some issue with your voltage. Your log starts out at 14V and by the end of the log it's down to 13V, but what's concerning is that when you're giving it hard acceleration your voltage drops... around frame 3155 your voltage drops to 11.2V.

I haven't run your numbers yet. I don't see much point in doing that until you get your voltage stabilized.

Thank you, and you bring up a good point!! For a while, I have suspected some weird electrical issue that could affect O2 voltages because I get random O2 codes. I will take a look at the alternator circuit and check the battery.