PDA

View Full Version : Error $0101 no data received

Papalote
April 15th, 2021, 06:44 AM
I am doing a swap with a Duramax 08 LMM, when I try to read the ECM with ether EFILive or my scan tool I get a failure, the engine seems to be running OK but I have a MIL light and would of course like to be able to work this out.
I have another 08 LMM in the yard and both EFILive and the scan tool work fine on that vehicle. I am assuming there is a problem with the stand alone harness but would welcome any input, I get the same failure when trying to read the TCM

I did not have EFILive when I test ran the engine before pulling it.
THANKS!!

Papalote
April 16th, 2021, 04:53 AM
OK, I did not know the data went through the glow plug controller, so I jumped that plug and I can now read the TCM, I get the "cannot read DSP5" error on the ECM, I of course do not have access to the original DSP5 file so can I simply dump a "stock" file and start over?

ScarabEpic22
April 16th, 2021, 06:33 AM
Yes, if you're able to scan the ECM and read the TCM you'll need to write your own DSP5 tune and use that. Need to source a stock file for your truck and Full Flash it (either as a base OS or DSP5) then use that for future changes.

Papalote
April 16th, 2021, 06:44 AM
Yes, if you're able to scan the ECM and read the TCM you'll need to write your own DSP5 tune and use that. Need to source a stock file for your truck and Full Flash it (either as a base OS or DSP5) then use that for future changes.
THANKS! I have a stock tune from a library, I really do not need DSP-5, I am curious will the new flash have the original VIN of the ECM or will it assume the VIN of the donor tune? not a big deal as nether have anything to do with the VIN of the vehicle the LMM is in now, and I of course have not used a license on this ECM yet. Hopefully I can find a tutorial on doing a full flash.
Again thanks for taking time to respond!