PDA

View Full Version : Checksum issue.

krisr
May 12th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Hey folks,

I've got a really strange issue that I cannot for the life of me work out. It only just started happening on recent tunes i've been updating.

I have attached the 2x tune files. The 0000.ctz file passes all checksum. The 0008.ctz file, only has 1 small change, where I changed the cranking VE %age, then saved a new file. It's now coming up as checksum invalid. Rather than "Force all Checksums to be correct", am I doing something seriously wrong? Or did my V8 Tune Editor just take a dump? File version is 8.3.4.16. Any help would be great! Thanks!

GMPX
May 12th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Yeah it looks like the checksums weren't updated when the file was saved (which is very odd).
I notice that is version 0008 of your file, how did 0007 etc look?

Cheers,
Ross

krisr
May 12th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Yeah it looks like the checksums weren't updated when the file was saved (which is very odd).
I notice that is version 0008 of your file, how did 0007 etc look?

Cheers,
RossThey were all broken from 1-7. At 8 I got poopy and figured I'd ask for help. I just upgraded to the April 2021 release and saved the file again. The new file seems to have working checksums now. I'll keep an eye on it for now to see if it happens again on the latest.