PDA

View Full Version : LLY no data received $0101 error

derkscustomcars
June 16th, 2021, 05:04 AM
Hello,

Customer came in for a few changes, I have flashed this ecm many times in the truck, I tried to read the truck, worked great. Since I got my new V3 i clicked on check license and thats where it all wen wrong.

No data received $0101

Is there anyway to recover this ecm?

I tried on the bench, same problem.

Thanks

GMPX
June 16th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Reading an ECM (or even just checking the license status) cannot harm the ECM. The routines to Erase or Program the flash chip are not ever called on.
It is odd though that it won't talk on the bench as well, I was going to suggest remove power to the ECM for a bit but of course that would have happened removing it from the truck.

Do you have another LLY ECM you can verify your bench set up is still working 100% ?

derkscustomcars
June 17th, 2021, 07:59 AM
Have used this bench set up many times, even to unlock the ecm that's hooked upto it now a few months ago. It works fine. but I'll confirm the pinout

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 22nd, 2021, 12:25 AM
check your cigarrette lighter fuses, if the OBD2 port has not power that may be the issue in the truck

if the bench harness 12v key on is not functional that will cause similar issues

derkscustomcars
June 22nd, 2021, 01:06 AM
Got it, I feel embarrassed, I modified my bench set up to accommodate more ECMs and had to move a few pins in my obd2 power setup a few months ago. I forgot to modify the E60 harness and the ECM didn't receive a ground. But It still didn't want to flash in the truck. I could recover it with efilive..