PDA

View Full Version : Right voltage wrong AFR reported??

Redline Motorsports
July 23rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
This Auto VE setup is driving me nuts!:bash:

I have an Autronics WB which is hooked to the EFI Live system using the 0-5 volt output. The formula in the generic sae pid folder is correct. Its ({EXT.1}*4)+10. What gets me is when I am logging data I am also showing the voltage that the FS is seeing and its correct to the WB units reporting of AFR. For example; at 1.2 volts the WB is showing 14.8:1. The FS is showing 1.2 volts but it also show an AFR of 15.7 +/-.

I know this voltage offset thing has been an issue and wondering if this is part of the issue. I am using this Autronics unit as its the new one we have on our dyno and its very fast and accurate. I also can record AFR on the dyno as well.

What is the problem?

Thanks

Howard

Blacky
July 23rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
If you are seeing the correct voltage then there is no voltage offset issue. EFILive will convert that voltage to AFR using the PID's expression.

Make sure you don't have another similarly named PID in the calc_pids.txt file that you may be selecting by mistake.

To see *exactly* what formula is being used to convert the voltage to AFR, right click on the PID and select "More info...".

Regards
Paul