PDA

View Full Version : Commanded Fuel When Cranking table difference

ArKay99
July 24th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I had recently upgraded from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2. In 7.3.1 the Commanded Fuel When cranking table had several columns referencing 24X counts. In this latest version I only have a single column. OS is 12221588. I guess for a single 24X Count accessing AFR or EQ to ECT. Is this correct?

SSpdDmon
July 24th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Did you upgrade your OS? I know when I look at a '98 f-body vs an '02 f-body, the newer one only has the one column.

ArKay99
July 24th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Did you upgrade your OS? I know when I look at a '98 f-body vs an '02 f-body, the newer one only has the one column.
Yes I upgraded my OS, but not between EFILive versions. What I mean is, the same OS has different table definitions in the different EFILive releases, at least on my machine.:nixweiss:

SSpdDmon
July 24th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I would guess it was something that happened when you switched OS's, not software versions. Then again, you never know. Either way, I wouldn't be messing with this table. If you were going to adjust a table for a smoother start, I'd go with the cranking VE. I took 15~50% out of my friends' Cranking VE tables and they start right up hot or cold with their 232/234 cams. Just look at your VE once you tuned the lower end and make adjustments based off of that. Keep in mind though, cranking VE and Main/Back VE have very different RPM rows.

ArKay99
July 24th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I would guess it was something that happened when you switched OS's, not software versions. Then again, you never know. Either way, I wouldn't be messing with this table. If you were going to adjust a table for a smoother start, I'd go with the cranking VE. I took 15~50% out of my friends' Cranking VE tables and they start right up hot or cold with their 232/234 cams. Just look at your VE once you tuned the lower end and make adjustments based off of that. Keep in mind though, cranking VE and Main/Back VE have very different RPM rows.
Got it. I was just noodleing and came upon this difference.

Blacky
July 24th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I had recently upgraded from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2. In 7.3.1 the Commanded Fuel When cranking table had several columns referencing 24X counts. In this latest version I only have a single column. OS is 12221588. I guess for a single 24X Count accessing AFR or EQ to ECT. Is this correct?

There is a mistake in the calibrations definition files (*.cal) for late model PCM operating systems that causes that table {B3604} to display with only one column instead of 17 columns from 0..16. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards
Paul