PDA

View Full Version : 96lb injectors can be tuned to idle perfectly!

nitrorocket
July 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Just letting you know that if they were afraid to use 96lb/hr injectors with a driver for fear of running to rich, it is possible! I have a 1000 hp car (on 93 octane) that idles at 15:1 AFR!!!:eek: You dont have to be stuck with too small an injector.

I love LS1's!:cheers:

redhardsupra
July 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
i'll take bragging with a side of data, please ;)

nitrorocket
July 24th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I don't mean to sound like I am bragging.....well no too much.

I just wanted people to know this because everyone seems to be using 60 or 75 lb injectors with 80 psi of fuel pressure to try to make there car run right. You can do it with a 96 lb injector a 45 psi fuel pressure and a 725 rpm idle!! Again, I love this software!:notacrook:

redhardsupra
July 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM
you completely missed the point. if you got injector that big to run that low of a rpm properly, congrats, you SHOULD be bragging :)
my point was that it would be nice and in a true spirit of forum info swap if you also provided us with technical info alongside the bragrights--what IFR, what voltage offset table, anything else needed to get changed, and how much?

nitrorocket
July 25th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Well, after I try to sell my tune file on ebay, I will disclose the info.:muahaha:

No, seriously. I rescaled the IFR table from the LS1TECH Excell conversion. You will never believe how I made them idle lean enough....it was so easy! all I did was cha

joecar
August 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Well, after I try to sell my tune file on ebay, I will disclose the info.:muahaha:

No, seriously. I rescaled the IFR table from the LS1TECH Excell conversion. You will never believe how I made them idle lean enough....it was so easy! all I did was chaDid I miss this or did you not finish typing...? :nixweiss:

If you reveal how you did it, you will be a tuning hero... :notacrook:

nitrorocket
August 14th, 2006, 01:36 AM
The entire trick is the small pulse adjust table, you can modify this to get the fuel down on the pulsle widths.

Funny thing though???? It worked great for me on the closed loop SD (14.7 idle), But open loop idle will not go leaner the 12.5:1 now?? I dont understand what the difference in Open loop and closed loop could be???

ZL1Killa
August 14th, 2006, 08:12 AM
LOL.... Open loop... don't you love it. now put the car back in Closed loop and let the billion dollar computer do its thing. So many stupid screwy things my car did when in OL with the 60#ers... cut the AC on and it surged back and forth and went way lean!!... so i'm going to let the billion dollar computer do the work for me ;)

yep, small pulse adjust. and possibly def and min injector puls width; cuz i was on my way with tuning the 60#ers in but ran out of time... had to get back home... but 42.5#ers will do the job i need to do and I was immediately able to sell my 60#ers

nitrorocket
August 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM
What is also wierd is that in closed loop my AFR's fluctuate about .5-.75 overall point. In open loop they are more inline within .2 or so but at idle it is a little richer?? Pretty wierd huh??

GMPX
August 15th, 2006, 02:57 AM
nitrorocket, I still have respect for you as this monster combo was your first tuning job with EFILive, awesome effort :master: . Often people ask "How hard is it to tune", I usually start off with "Well, there's this guy on our forum........"

Cheers,
Ross

redhardsupra
August 15th, 2006, 02:59 AM
i still dont see any details tho....

nitrorocket
August 15th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Thank you!!

redhardsupra
August 20th, 2006, 06:13 AM
so are we gonna get any details here or we just gonna stand around congratulating each other?

nitrorocket
August 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
What details do you want?? Let me know.

redhardsupra
August 20th, 2006, 02:08 PM
IFR, voltage offset tables, min/default pulse widths, whatever else was needed to get it to work well.

Black02SS
August 20th, 2006, 02:50 PM
nitrorocket, I still have respect for you as this monster combo was your first tuning job with EFILive, awesome effort :master: . Often people ask "How hard is it to tune", I usually start off with "Well, there's this guy on our forum........"

Cheers,
Ross I know exactly what you mean!! He is used more as a reference then anyone. And we even told him to take it somewhere else but he didn't listen. :muahaha: