PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Freightliner 8.9L Cummins

SSTuner
September 4th, 2021, 11:05 AM
I have a Super-C RV based of a 2019 Freightliner M2-106 Chassis with a 8.9L Cummins engine. Will the EFILive HD be able to read and reset the CELs? More questions to follow.

GMPX
September 5th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Hi Ray,

If all you want to do is read and clear DTC's then there is far cheaper alternatives for you, there is loads of $50 - $100 handheld (straight out of China) scantools that work with HD vehicles on Ebay.
However, that is pretty much all they do, if you want logging and tuning then you probably need to consider EFILive instead.
Also note, we no longer sell the V2 HD units, everything is migrated into the V3 hardware which does both regular GM, Dodge Cummins and also HD.
If you want to perform emissions deletes with the tuning then EFILive isn't the product for you, we don't support DTC shut off or emissions removal for Cummins engines.

SSTuner
September 23rd, 2021, 06:37 AM
Hi Ray,
if you want logging and tuning then you probably need to consider EFILive instead.

Thank you, I will be placing an order for the FlashScan V3 only for now as I want to be able to log and clear the CELs. Later on, I'll get the tuning add-on.

SSTuner
September 26th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Just want to verify, I can purchase the FlashScan V3 now and I can buy the Cummins HD Tuning at a later date.

GMPX
September 26th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Yes Ray that is correct, but if you wanted to use the V3 on both the M2-106 chassis and your LBZ that would require the activation of both the 'Cummins HD' tuning option and the 'GM Tuning' option, but the one hardware device (V3) will work with both.

One thing I should mention, when EFILive checks the DTC's on the HD Platform we use the SAE process to read and clear them, this is different to the OEM Cummins methods, some people find this confusing. Having said that most (if not all) the 'Ebay' HD scantools use the SAE process as well.