PDA

View Full Version : Insite file conversion for EFI LIVE

velocetuning
September 9th, 2021, 10:52 PM
Hi all

We have been trying for a while to convert the insite file for an ISB4.5 CM2150e ecu to efi live so that we can tune.

Can this be done??

If so how??

If so can someone assist please??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackshadow
September 13th, 2021, 04:38 PM
Hi all

We have been trying for a while to convert the insite file for an ISB4.5 CM2150e ecu to efi live so that we can tune.

Can this be done??

If so how??

If so can someone assist please??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post file and I will try. If successful I will share.

GMPX
September 14th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Hi all

If the file is still zipped then no, if the file is just an .xcal (eg unencrypted .hex file) then the EFILive software comes with a conversion tool. Have a look in your installation folder.

26sutphen
September 14th, 2021, 01:46 PM
i tried to open files from the current incal and from older 2017 incal and efi didn't recognize any of the files, does anybody know what month and year was used to map out these files?

GMPX
September 14th, 2021, 01:51 PM
EFILive does NOT load the files directly, as I stated above your post - "EFILive software comes with a conversion tool. Have a look in your installation folder."

26sutphen
September 15th, 2021, 01:07 AM
i understand, remove password, extract file, xcal converts to efi bin . on most of the 2150 files i tried they identify in the compatability_header as a 2100 and xcal wont convert. Not sure what's used but when i look in the header the id matches a calz file but it wont convert or open, i did get prefix FF file BEU to convert but efi doesn't recognize the operating system. I was just trying to help. does anybody have a cal id they want converted? if its supported this wont be a problem. looks like for the 2150 13 operating systems are supported and 2150E there's 8.

Edit; 13 and 8 config files that may or will cover multiple operating systems..

GMPX
September 15th, 2021, 09:53 AM
on most of the 2150 files i tried they identify in the compatability_header as a 2100 and xcal wont convert.
The EFILive conversion tool has a checkbox to "Override ECM type check" for this very situation, just be 100% sure your selected ECM type is correct if you allow the override.

EDIT: Ooops, I see that CM2150E is not an option in the drop down list for the ECM type, we will need to update that, but 2150 C or D will be fine. I'd say the reason is everyone up to this point has just read the ECM's rather than pulling the files off wherever.

pavetim
October 14th, 2023, 03:57 AM
Does the CM2450B controller need all this too? I am not sure what insite is