PDA

View Full Version : Please help, have read all the stickies and tutorials and nothing seems to work

Crash
September 19th, 2021, 05:50 AM
some what new to efi live, iv tunned with hptuners and had good result on my cummins. i now have a chevy with an 8.1 a 2001 and have efi live. iv been able to flash new os and make some changes. now im trying to tune the ve table but i cannot seem to make pids or the filters. at the moment trying to make a filter for throttle changes and engine coolant temp. please help let me know if i need to post anything for you guys to look at.

pinstripebob
September 19th, 2021, 09:39 AM
What version of EFILive are you using? 7.5 or 8?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Phil_Miller_86
September 19th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Following, and commenting to get my post count high enough to attach files. good luck OP. I have an 04 2500 with the 8.1

Supercharged111
September 20th, 2021, 02:21 PM
some what new to efi live, iv tunned with hptuners and had good result on my cummins. i now have a chevy with an 8.1 a 2001 and have efi live. iv been able to flash new os and make some changes. now im trying to tune the ve table but i cannot seem to make pids or the filters. at the moment trying to make a filter for throttle changes and engine coolant temp. please help let me know if i need to post anything for you guys to look at.

Try the calc.vet thread, it really holds your hand in setting that sort of stuff up.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

joecar
September 20th, 2021, 06:55 PM
There also is a user manual pdf for the scantool, work thru it, you will not regret it :)

Blacky
September 21st, 2021, 10:35 AM
One thing to remember, with V8 calculated PIDs you have to select units of "boolean" for filter/search PIDs.
Any calculated PID with units of "boolean" will (or should) show up in the filter/search drop down list box in the Scan Tool window.
Regards
Paul

joecar
September 21st, 2021, 12:31 PM
One thing to remember, with V8 calculated PIDs you have to select units of "boolean" for filter/search PIDs.
Any calculated PID with units of "boolean" will (or should) show up in the filter/search drop down list box in the Scan Tool window.
Regards
PaulThanks for that info (all/any booleans will show up in the filter dropdown) :cheers:

Crash
September 27th, 2021, 02:56 PM
What version of EFILive are you using? 7.5 or 8?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

V8 and v3 hardware. Just other day I got my ve amp logging but seems to only work sometimes not sure why, also the values what do I multiply them by? And don’t think I got the custom pids down cuz everyone iv made doesn’t bring up any values. I have read all of those tutorials before asking I will go threw them again and see if maybe I miss understood something. Thank you guys for any help for a noob. Considering iv worked in a high performance diesel shop would think I’d know a little more about this but just turned wrench’s at the time

joecar
September 28th, 2021, 07:36 PM
Hi Crash,

Which tutorial?

Remember to select to show the data units on the map, the units tell you whether the map's data is the multiplier/correction (factor) or whether it's the absolute value (e.g g*K/kPa).

joecar
September 28th, 2021, 07:38 PM
For the calc pids, make sure you also select all the dependent pids that the calc pid uses.