PDA

View Full Version : Car Dies With A/C On

vetteboy2k
July 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Any tables to look towards for this issue? Car is tuned SD Custom OS3, with STFT's on. Car idles and runs perfect, however now in the summer with A/C compressor on when at idle, car will throw a 1514 Code Go into reduced engine mode and the car will die :bash: . If I clear all codes, turn A/C off, and restart, the car will run fine again.

A/F is spot on, STFT's are 0 to -2. C6101 is raised, so don't think thats the problem. Any ideas? I tuned the VE in the winter when compressor was off, so maybe thats the issue, though don't think so b/c stft's are inline.

Any help is appreciated. :cheers:

ringram
July 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM
B4354?

TAQuickness
July 26th, 2006, 07:56 PM
my AC died before i could figure this one out. I believe the problem to be not enough torque to drive the compressor. In watching many stock vehicles, as soon as you turn on the AC, the IAC starts moving then the compressor kicks in. You need more IAC action.

vetteboy2k
July 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well being a vette we have no IAC, so either I play with B4354 alittle or possibly just raise my idle when A/C is on say 100RPM I am running stock idle tables with heads and cam. So I will move A/C in gear to 725 and A/C Park to 750 see if that remedies it, if not I will mess with B4354.

Thanks guys :cheers: Ideas always gets the brain going in the morning.

TAQuickness
July 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I was under the impression vettes still required idle air control, the difference being the ETC adjusting the TB blade instead of an IAC motor. I'll take a closer look at it when I get my laptop back.

vetteboy2k
July 27th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Well I adjusted the Idle RPM's when A/C on up 100rpms and that took care of the issue. Car runs perfect again. Done deal.