PDA

View Full Version : Cammed C5 idle drop w/clutch in (sometimes)

detroitmuscle07
October 19th, 2021, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys,

I have this weird issue when I'm low-speed clutching in. My idle will drop from the desired 825 to 400 or lower and sometimes stall. Often times it will recover after hunting briefly. Generally this happens when I'm backing out of a parking space or pulling into my garage (Again, when clutching in from very low speeds.) I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to solve this issue. Can someone please take a look at the attached tune and log files and see if they can offer any advice? Thanks so much!

detroitmuscle07
October 19th, 2021, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry, here's the most recent log file that I have where I drive around and try to replicate the issue. There's an area where the idle drop in the 400-500 range.

statesman
October 20th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Is this the same vehicle you were having return to idle issues with a couple of years ago?

detroitmuscle07
October 20th, 2021, 07:09 AM
Yes, it is. I realize I should have just bumped the old thread. I've read the idle tutorial material and tried a few things without any success. If I could fix this issue I'd be very happy with the car. It's super annoying.

statesman
October 20th, 2021, 08:32 AM
I've read the idle tutorial material and tried a few things without any success.

What have you tried?

Highlander
November 14th, 2021, 09:56 AM
You have too little idle airflow and too much timing.