PDA

View Full Version : tuning file for NO2?

batesyellow01
July 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Anyone have a tuning file for NO2? I have an 01 corvette coupe LS1,6 speed,
CAI, Dynatech LT'S, High flow cats, Xpipe, 160 thermo, Borla stingers,
Descreened MAF, NO2 100 wet shot activated with WOT switch.I am new to self tuning and EFI ,I know basics, and need to richen up the mix at WOT when NO2 is activated and retard timing. Wondering if someone has similar setup that I can look at to see what parameters changed. I do not have wideband yet so, can't see actual AFR. want to test the NO2 but won't until I atleast have the Afr and timing retarded enough to be safe. Only changes so far with EFI have been fan turn on temps and CAGS solenoid deactivation,
and tire correction for speedo. Running 20" in rear on 30 series, I know not DR's and NO2 will probably send them a spinnin! Any help appriciated.:cheers:

Black02SS
July 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
If it is a wet kit you will need to adjust the fueling by the fuel jet and not the PCM. WIth the PCM you may want to take few degrees of timing out but that is about it.

batesyellow01
July 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I was just worried about running a little lean with the CAI, Demaf , etc. But, yes you're right I didn't think about since it is a wet shot I will be adding fuel anyway. A wideband probably still a good idea to se AFR when at WOT with the shot, was just worrying about detonation which I guess like you said can be corrected with dropping a few degrees timing, actually I think four degree's, as being new to EFI , what table do I go to to retard the timing. I know there is a few different timing tables.

BowlingSS
August 22nd, 2006, 04:24 AM
I was just worried about running a little lean with the CAI, Demaf , etc. But, yes you're right I didn't think about since it is a wet shot I will be adding fuel anyway. A wideband probably still a good idea to se AFR when at WOT with the shot, was just worrying about detonation which I guess like you said can be corrected with dropping a few degrees timing, actually I think four degree's, as being new to EFI , what table do I go to to retard the timing. I know there is a few different timing tables.
Go to:
Spark High-Octane Table B5913. You also might want to look at your Low-Octane Table B5914.

Good Luck.
Bill
:notacrook:

batesyellow01
August 22nd, 2006, 06:53 AM
I took out four degrees on both high and low tables. I took it out at 4800 and above at the .56 grams and above, leaving cells to the left of them alone.So,basically the bottom right corner of both tables above 4800 and .56 grams. Any othr suggestions appriciated if this doesn't sound right. I am now installing my wideband setup, and then will do a few logs from idle up to WOT.
to make sure everything is ok before hitting the nitrous. Just want to be safe and have no detonation or a too rich mix that may cause a No2 backfire.

Highlander
August 23rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
I suggest you buy the commercial version if you haven't and get the COS5 for it... you have some NICE tables there specially for retarding timing...