PDA

View Full Version : VAT Relink E38

hsv084
December 19th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Hi All,

I have just replaced my E38 PCM in my Series 2 VF Commodore with a PCM with a matching Service Number.
I was successful in doing a full flash and VIN update but have not been able to do a VAT relink.
I car appears to be in an immobilized state and won't crank in combination with the antitheft light being up on the dash.
Is there any tricks to the VAT relearn on the later Holden vehicles. Ignition cycles set to Zero also.

Cheers

joecar
December 24th, 2021, 11:09 PM
Try writing the VIN again using the scantool, and then try the VAT relink again.

hsv084
January 2nd, 2022, 08:33 PM
Hi Joecar,
I have just returned from holidays and attempted you suggestion with no luck.
I think the issue maybe that efilive requires the ignition to remain ON for 10 mins for a CAN Bus vehicle before powering down.
As my VF Commodore has a push button start it turns the ignition by itself after about 3 minutes, Not making the required 10 mins.
Any suggested work around for this?
Regards Jeff

In-Tech
January 3rd, 2022, 09:01 AM
bench harness and good stable regulated power supply

hsv084
January 10th, 2022, 09:32 PM
bench harness and good stable regulated power supply

Unfortunately that isn't an option for me unless I pull the bcm and pcm out of the car and send it away.
Open to any other suggestions. Is their away to extend the ignition on time of a push button start vehicle via efi live?

joecar
January 11th, 2022, 02:09 PM
Can you access the PCM harness connector and jumper power to the right pin (while PCM is still plugged in)...?

GMPX
January 11th, 2022, 02:15 PM
You can change the ECM's relearn timer value from 10 mins to 1 min if you want, that is in the tune.