PDA

View Full Version : 6l80E TECHM REPLACEMENT PROCESS

jmsmotorsport
January 14th, 2022, 07:35 PM
I have searched high and low but can’t find much information for a complete TECHM replacement procedure.

Does the VIN need to match the PCM? Or is it just a matter of using V8 to Full Flash?

TECHM is from same Make Model and Year. But I’m getting a no crank issue. Just wondering if it’s the lack of VIN matching as for some reason when using V8 to change VIN it does the process but when I read out it still has the old VIN?

If it doesn’t need to be linked then I will have to pull pan and check the manual valve and selector switch is ok.

Cougar281
January 15th, 2022, 04:05 AM
I don't think it matters, but you should be able to change the VIN with EFILive. I was able to on a 6T70 TECHM.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

In-Tech
January 15th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Fun stuff, clear codes and then do the vin

jmsmotorsport
January 15th, 2022, 03:35 PM
Figured it out. In my re assembly I missed lining the manual valve up with the select switch. It now starts but now there’s no line pressure ��*♂️ I may have dislodged a seal between the pump and valve body. Back apart it comes. Got the VIN to work must not have been waiting the required 30secs

joecar
January 25th, 2022, 02:45 PM
... It now starts but now there’s no line pressure ��*♂️ I may have dislodged a seal between the pump and valve body. Back apart it comes. ...Let us know what you find.

jmsmotorsport
January 25th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Let us know what you find.

Nothing concrete - managed to make pressure by overfilling trans. But would then clunk into drive and reverse - pulled box back out and checked the 35R drum for cracking - no crack but found what I believe is a leak between a seal as when checking for a crack I was getting pressure the other side of one of the pistons. It’s now getting all new pistons, seals and clutches.

joecar
January 25th, 2022, 02:57 PM
AT's involve all or none; nothing in between.

jmsmotorsport
January 25th, 2022, 03:20 PM
AT's involve all or none; nothing in between.

What do you mean exactly?

joecar
January 27th, 2022, 11:22 PM
What do you mean exactly?Reassembly has to be done exactly right (replace all soft parts, test all subassembly's, use the right special tools, no shortcuts), otherwise murphy's law wins.