PDA

View Full Version : Returning and starting tuning in Semi open loop SD mode

nitrorocket
July 29th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I have my car pretty well tuned in. I am wondering is ther something that has to be changed to return to or to start tuning in semi open loop SD mode? I don't remember back that far what setting I might have changed to start tuning?:)

Tordne
July 29th, 2006, 07:21 AM
To go to Semi-Open Loop just set the AFR's in the B3647 table to EQ Ratio of 1.00 or copy and paste the value from the B3601 table (if your OS file has it)

nitrorocket
July 29th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I realize that, I was wondering if I have to change any limits to activate or deactivate anything before or after I tune?

Tordne
July 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Don't think so. Semi-Open Loop is coded to enable when the commanded AFR is equal to EQ Ratio 1.00. You should notice the Short Term Fuel Trims activate under those conditions (if you log them of course).

TNT76
July 29th, 2006, 12:36 PM
What about closed loop enable temp?

Tordne
July 29th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Semi-Open Loop is specific to EFILive Custom OS V3 & V5. You can enable Closed Loop also, but that is not what is referred to in this thread ;)

TNT76
July 29th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yes I realized that, but I thought if you enabled closed loop but disabled longterm trims in Cos 3 & 5 it would be only short terms active when 14.63 (stoich) was commanded in B3647?
Otherwise when tuning your ve then you are always getting corrections for STFTs when you dont want them?
How do you turn off STFT when you are tuning VE then?

Tordne
July 29th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Enabling Closed Loop but disabling Long Term Trims will use STFT only - you are right there. But, so does just using Semi-Open Loop.

In the V3/V5 Custom OS you disable STFT by commanding something other than 14.63:1, like 14.7:1 for example. That way the STFT (Semi-Open Loop) is not enabled.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding?

zrx1200
July 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Yes I realized that, but I thought if you enabled closed loop but disabled longterm trims in Cos 3 & 5 it would be only short terms active when 14.63 (stoich) was commanded in B3647?
Otherwise when tuning your ve then you are always getting corrections for STFTs when you dont want them?
How do you turn off STFT when you are tuning VE then?set the whole table to 13-1fuel do the auto tune thing then put the values in that you wish to run..have you read the tutorials?:beer:

TNT76
July 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Yes read the tutorials and thought I understood it all as I thought it would be the same as the old kalmaker SP3, disable closed loop, tune ve to match commanded, turn on closed loop and it will then make its own fine corrections where 14.63 is commanded.
Just didnt realise it was making the corrections as I was tuning.
I didnt even have STFT PIDS logging while tuning ve as I did it with roadrunner and didnt have to autotune, log, setup maps, BEN corrections, flash and redo it.
Will have to try it next time i'm in the car.
Thanks for clearing it up

Tordne
July 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah that could be a trap. if you tune when in Semi-Open Loop by commanding 14.63:1 and say add 5% to VE you may find that your STFT just goes -5 and you just chase your tail :)