PDA

View Full Version : New Menu Items appearing in Red not previously there

Lonnies Performance
March 6th, 2022, 06:11 PM
I just installed EFI Live on a new laptop & it has additional menus coming up that are not on the old one.

Tuning a LS1B COS5 & it has menus at the bottom of the Engine Calibration list for electronic throttle, which are red instead of the normal yellow colored tabs.
My old laptop did not have the electronic throttle tab.

I'm using ver 7.5.43 on my new laptop.

I'm afraid to use the laptop to tune in fear of corrupting my ECM.
Any suggestions?

Blacky
March 12th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Previous version of EFILive would not show those red calibrations unless you had a Workshop or Commercial license. If you had a Personal license those calibrations would not show up. IT was mainly to protect new tuners from accidentally modifying those calibrations.
With later versions of the V7 (and the V8) software, we have allowed those calibrations to be seen/used by anyone.

The red does not signify any kind of fault or error that you need to worry about.
They are only red to serve as a warning that if you modify them out of acceptable ranges, then the PCM can go into limp mode and/or with large modifications the PCM can be permanently disabled. So it is best not to modify those calibrations unless you know what you are doing and have plenty of backup PCMs.

Regards
Paul

Lonnies Performance
March 12th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Great, thanks.

I was worried as the menus were not there previously & my 1221256 doesn't have DBW throttle but there is data in these areas.
I didn't want to corrupt my tune.

joecar
March 22nd, 2022, 01:15 PM
Look and don't touch, unless you know what you're doing, but even then :chair: