PDA

View Full Version : PID Question

Chalky
July 29th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I was doing some logging. Between logs, I modified my pid file but did not save it. Some of the pids were calc pids. Now when I play the log back, I cannot get the calc'd pids to give values. The required pids are cancelled. If I try to duplicate the pid file , then load the log file, my choices for pids are lost.

Suggestions?

Blacky
July 29th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Right click on calculated PIDs that are marked as invalid and select "More info...". That will explain why they are invalid.

To add calculated PIDs to an existing log file, you must select them (you can select invalid PIDs) and then re-save the log file to record those newly selected PIDs into the log file.

Note: the name of the PID file that is loaded has no relationship with the logged data file. PID files are just quick ways to save groups of PIDs for easy selection when you need them.

Regards
Paul

Chalky
July 30th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Paul:

For whatever reason, the problem seems to be related to three files logged back to back. I loaded another file and all pids functioned properly. I will just assume I did something "strange" when logging the questionable files.

Thanks.

Blacky
July 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Send me the log file (paul@efilive.com) and I'll see if I can tell you what went wrong and maybe why.
Paul

Chalky
July 30th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks Paul. Done

Chalky
July 31st, 2006, 01:24 PM
Send me the log file (paul@efilive.com) and I'll see if I can tell you what went wrong and maybe why.
Paul

Paul:

Figured it out after following your instructions.

Thanks.