PDA

View Full Version : May 09, 2022, V8.3.24 Public Pre-Release

Blacky
May 8th, 2022, 04:02 PM
V8.3.24 Public Pre-Release

Full Release Notes:
Whats New (https://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_3_24.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.3.24
[*=1]FlashScan/AutoCal V3

[*=1]Firmware: V3.00.092
[*=1]Boot Block: V3.00.006

Download here:

Download V8.3.24 (https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.3.24_Setup.exe)

Known Issues:

Issue #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Regards,
The EFILive Team

Highlander
May 9th, 2022, 11:42 AM
I will test this release but,

Fixed VIN change option on the CM2450B (CMF) controller - which was failing with error $0101 "No data received." if the "Clear DTCs before changing VIN" checkbox was checked (even when it was disabled)".

this was also happening on e38s. it also happens on oil life change.

Blacky
May 14th, 2022, 12:01 PM
The fix for the CMF was to simply not send the clear DTC command prior to changing the VIN - it caused problems on the Cummins platform.
Is it possible that when you are updating the E38 you also need to check the "Obtain secure access" option as well?

I will test this release but,

Fixed VIN change option on the CM2450B (CMF) controller - which was failing with error $0101 "No data received." if the "Clear DTCs before changing VIN" checkbox was checked (even when it was disabled)".

this was also happening on e38s. it also happens on oil life change.