PDA

View Full Version : ...naw, the Tech II can't do that!"

emarkay
July 31st, 2006, 08:51 AM
While getting my car repaired at a local GM dealership (still, the pinion bearing has been replaced twice, and now, a front wheel bearing, and I have an annoying "planetary gearset noise" in the tranny that sounds like a dragging brake. All apparently accident related; It better be, as this is $900 additional on the bill!)

We needed to run it in gear on the lift, at 40MPH. Didja' know that there is NO way to do this "remotely". Luckilly the car somehow upshifted by itself and we got the 45MPH needed to isolate the noise. I said: "Can't you just hook up a Tech II aand command the throttle to open?" He says "naw, the Tech II can't do that!" I told him that EFILive can. He heard about it from the brochures I gave the shop a few months ago, but "didn't bother to read anything about it..." I gave him my card and told him I'll send him some info and direct him to the website here.

I understood that EFIlive is going to be placing some "4 color glossies" in some popular magazines - is this true? Please let us know what and when so we can advise potential customers to look!