PDA

View Full Version : August 05 2022, V8.3.28 Public Release

Blacky
August 4th, 2022, 02:06 PM
V8.3.28 Public Release

Full Release Notes:
Whats New (https://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_3_28.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.3.28
[*=1]FlashScan/AutoCal V3

[*=1]Firmware: V3.00.096
[*=1]Boot Block: V3.00.006

Download here:

Download V8.3.28_Setup (https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.3.28_Setup.exe)

Known Issues:

Issue #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #2: The "What's New" document shows the EFILive V8 software version as V8.2.28 instead of V8.3.28.
Workaround: Just assume it says V8.3.28 :).

Issue #3: When Flashing CMF (CM2450B) controllers using FlashScan V2 in standalone mode, the progress meter does not update/display the progress of the flash.
Workaround: Ignore the progress meter. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #4: When using FlashScan V2 in standalone mode to display trouble codes, selecting the "EPA Current DTCs" and/or the "EPA Pending DTCs" options does not display any trouble codes - even if trouble codes are active.
Workaround: Use the V8 software option: [F4: OBD]->[Read] to view DTCs. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #5: For some E37, E38 and/or E67 operating systems, the data in the "High Octane Spark Map" {B5101} is displayed as raw hex values instead of degrees from top dead center.
Workaround: Download the file: E37_E38_E67_B5101_fix.zip (https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/E37_E38_E67_B5101_fix.zip) and unzip the contents into the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\cam overwrite the existing files. You may need Windows Administrator privileges to copy files into that folder.

Issues #2..#5 have been resolved/fixed in the latest beta release available here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?30868-Aug-27-2022-V8-3-29-Beta-Release).

Regards,
The EFILive Team

Millsy
August 5th, 2022, 05:33 PM
E67 MAFLess Traction patch has been removed

Blacky
August 5th, 2022, 09:36 PM
E67 MAFLess Traction patch has been removed

Which operating system number?
Regards
Paul

Millsy
August 6th, 2022, 10:36 AM
Hi Paul,

Regards,

Millsy

Blacky
August 6th, 2022, 12:27 PM
Hi Millsy,

Not removed, it was never implemented for that OS (it was never in V7.5 either).
I'll find out if it is possible to add the patch for that OS.

Regards
Paul

Millsy
August 6th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Thanks Paul,

Very strange.

I tuned another VF GTS with the same OS only a month ago and the patches were there and applied.

I only updated last week and now it seems they are gone.

Let me know asap.

Regards,

Millsy

Highlander
August 7th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Why was the save dash removed?????????

Blacky
August 7th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Why was the save dash removed?????????

Not removed, just moved to be a drop-down option under the [Save] button.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 7th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Thanks Paul,

Very strange.

I tuned another VF GTS with the same OS only a month ago and the patches were there and applied.

I only updated last week and now it seems they are gone.

Let me know asap.

Regards,

Millsy

We have not removed any of the patches. It's just that some OSes do not have the patch implemented. The 2 VF GTS controllers must have had different OSes, one with the patch and one without.
Anyway, we have found that the patch is not needed on the later model ECMs. It was really only the VE that needed the patch.

The patch is not required and you can run them in in speed density mode without needing to patch them, it was only really the VE commodores that required patching as the traction light would come on and trans go firm, VF does not do this even with E38 controller and can be run in speed density without needing to be patched.

Regards
Paul

Millsy
August 7th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Thanks Paul,

After looking through some old VF E38 and VF E67 tunes, it appears I have still applied the patch to mafless VF E38 tunes.

As you kindly pointed out, the patch does not appear in E67 tunes. I will investigate further as to why car no.2 has the traction light on and car no.1 did not.

Regards,

Millsy

Blacky
August 7th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Thanks Paul,

After looking through some old VF E38 and VF E67 tunes, it appears I have still applied the patch to mafless VF E38 tunes.

As you kindly pointed out, the patch does not appear in E67 tunes. I will investigate further as to why car no.2 has the traction light on and car no.1 did not.

Regards,

Millsy

Hi Millsy,

You can apply the patch on later model years (i.e. VF) even if it is not necessary.
I was just pointing out that it is only strictly necessary on VE E38. Pretty sure we did not realize that until we had developed some of the patches for the later model operating systems.

The patch is available in some E67 OSes and not in others, just not all of them.

E.g. Here's an E67 OS (12611938) with the patches:

Here's an E67 OS (12656942) without the patches:

Regards
Paul

silly0101
August 9th, 2022, 07:43 AM
Hi,

After installing this version my software can no longer recognize the USB connection on my AutoCal, I get hit Error $0101: No data received.

I have tried 2 different PCs, reverting the version history to V8.3.15 (was working fine on this version as well), tried multiple AutoCals, different USB ports, checked all my firmware updates (up-to-date) including boot block, made sure Windows 11 was up-to-date, made sure my EFILive USB cables were fine, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, also reinstalling the software, and still Error $0101

Before this update everything was working fine, I was previously on V8.3.22.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.

Blacky
August 13th, 2022, 10:30 AM
Hi,

After installing this version my software can no longer recognize the USB connection on my AutoCal, I get hit Error $0101: No data received.

I have tried 2 different PCs, reverting the version history to V8.3.15 (was working fine on this version as well), tried multiple AutoCals, different USB ports, checked all my firmware updates (up-to-date) including boot block, made sure Windows 11 was up-to-date, made sure my EFILive USB cables were fine, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, also reinstalling the software, and still Error $0101

Before this update everything was working fine, I was previously on V8.3.22.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.

Just for other customers' reference, this problem was also reported on our help desk ticket system. The customer rolled back the software to V8.3.22 and the $0101 fault seems to have gone away.
If any one else sees the $0101 error (for no apparent reason), ensure your AutoCal V3 or FlashScan V3 is running firmware version V3.0.095 or later.
Or try using a different laptop/PC, we have found in rare cases that some laptop/PC USB connections just fail to work with FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Regards
Paul

dansdieselp
September 15th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Discovered a bug when running scripts in V8. So if I open a file and run a script, all is fine. Save it and then open the next file to modify. When I run the same script on the second file, It throws an error. For example: B0622(=,B0622) Error: $081F: tleCalDuplicate Script returned: $081F (2079). Only way to get around this I've found is to close the editor and reopen the file and run the script. So you have to close the editor after saving the file in order to script on the next file.

Blacky
September 15th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Discovered a bug when running scripts in V8. So if I open a file and run a script, all is fine. Save it and then open the next file to modify. When I run the same script on the second file, It throws an error. For example: B0622(=,B0622) Error: $081F: tleCalDuplicate Script returned: $081F (2079). Only way to get around this I've found is to close the editor and reopen the file and run the script. So you have to close the editor after saving the file in order to script on the next file.

Thanks Dan,
Do you mind creating a support ticket with this same text in it? here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
That way it won't get lost and will get followed up.
Regards
Paul

dansdieselp
September 15th, 2022, 08:50 AM
Thanks Dan,
Do you mind creating a support ticket with this same text in it? here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
That way it won't get lost and will get followed up.
Regards
Paul

Will do.

Highlander
September 16th, 2022, 11:35 AM

I've seen this too but i bother paul so much i didn't say anything.

Tre-Cool
September 20th, 2022, 09:00 PM
not so much a beta software question, but figured if/when it happens it'll only be a v8 option.

So my question is, Can bus expansion port on the v3. What was the intention or capabilities of it?

I have a Haltech can-bus only dual NTK wideband on my hub dyno, since it's transmitting data automatically, could we pull the data in with defined parameters similar to how the serial port worked on the V2?

It transmits on ID's of 2B0 & 2B2.

Blacky
September 21st, 2022, 01:01 AM
not so much a beta software question, but figured if/when it happens it'll only be a v8 option.

So my question is, Can bus expansion port on the v3. What was the intention or capabilities of it?

I have a Haltech can-bus only dual NTK wideband on my hub dyno, since it's transmitting data automatically, could we pull the data in with defined parameters similar to how the serial port worked on the V2?

It transmits on ID's of 2B0 & 2B2.

That is the eventual intention of that 2nd CAN interface.
I don't have a time frame for when that interface will be enabled.

Regards
Paul