PDA

View Full Version : 2007 TBSS Stock Tune...Anyone have one?

tytilidie
September 6th, 2022, 12:10 AM
Good morning! I am looking for a stock tune for a 2007 TBSS. OS is for 12614654 this is an E67 PCM.

If no one has one, is it possible to pull the tune from the factory PCM with the Flashscan V3?

I wonder, any chance EFiLive has a "Tune Library"?

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

nonnieselman
September 6th, 2022, 12:20 AM
I dont see that OS in the tune library but its pretty old.

tytilidie
September 6th, 2022, 12:25 AM
So can I pull the stock tune out of the stock PCM?

tytilidie
September 6th, 2022, 05:04 AM
OK I pulled the stock tune from the stock PCM, but when I try to load it into the new PCM the OS doesn't match. How is that possible if the PCM is blank?

Cougar281
September 6th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Well, is the new one a NEW one from GM, or is it 'new' as in new to you snd from a wrecked vehicle? If the former, it may need to be programmed with SPS before efilive can flash it, if the latter, it may be a hardware/os combination that is incompatible with your original hardware/tune.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ScarabEpic22
September 7th, 2022, 10:07 AM
Latest 07 TBSS OS for the ECM is 12611938, never seen that 12614654 on a TBSS yet.

To chime in with Cougar, what are you trying to do? If you're trying to flash any E67, you need to use GM SPS AND confirm the ECM hardware is actually compatible with the OS you're trying to use. In the case of an 07 TBSS, you have to use an 06-07 E67 only.

tytilidie
September 7th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Basically, I had what I thought to be an ignition switch issue. I replaced it and the NSBUS with no fix to my problem which was the truck dying in me while I am driving and wont start for several hours. So I printed out the flow charts and found it to be a faulty PCM.

So I bought a new PCM and thought I'd buy a license and flash it myself instead of bothering with the dealership. So I pulled the program off of the old PCM and tried to install it to the new PCM but it wont even turn over.

So I am assuming that I have the wrong idea of how this works. I do not know what SPS is.

nonnieselman
September 7th, 2022, 02:30 PM
Basically, I had what I thought to be an ignition switch issue. I replaced it and the NSBUS with no fix to my problem which was the truck dying in me while I am driving and wont start for several hours. So I printed out the flow charts and found it to be a faulty PCM.

So I bought a new PCM and thought I'd buy a license and flash it myself instead of bothering with the dealership. So I pulled the program off of the old PCM and tried to install it to the new PCM but it wont even turn over.

So I am assuming that I have the wrong idea of how this works. I do not know what SPS is.

SPS is GM Dealership stuff.
Basically your new PCM doesnt have a "Image" on it.
The tune you read off your old PCM really isnt all the data you need for a new pcm. There are things in the background you cant see.

tytilidie
September 7th, 2022, 11:42 PM
So, take the vehicle to GM and let them install it all?

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2022, 03:25 AM
Yep take them the truck and ask for a ECM Update. It is usually $100 to $150 for them to spend 5 minutes to flash it.
Then you can read it off and have fun.

If you have a buddy at a dealership they usually will update it for $40.