PDA

View Full Version : OS#12597120 and Flex Fuel??

LS1FREEK
September 5th, 2022, 11:36 PM
I have a 2007 classic silverado, its factory flex fuel, but not actual sensor. Im currently installing the actual sensor but ive read on some other forums that its not as easy as just switching actual sensor from no to yes (b3102). Can someone help me with this?

LS1FREEK
September 7th, 2022, 09:35 PM
Anybody!!??

nonnieselman
September 8th, 2022, 02:30 AM
We dont have E85 around here so never messed with that. But im sure they are talking about all the tables that have to do with the fueling and spark multipliers when more E is being seen.

aaronc7
September 10th, 2022, 12:54 AM
As mentioned already, a handful of tables such as spark blend factor doesnt appear to be defined. Is this a stock file / do you have stock tune file? If it's a factory FF vehicle (sounds like it is), this spark blend table will already be populated so it should "work", but quite likely you would want to fine-tune that table based on your setup.

I can help you get those couple tables defined in this OS via cax file probably

LS1FREEK
September 12th, 2022, 11:50 PM
As mentioned already, a handful of tables such as spark blend factor doesnt appear to be defined. Is this a stock file / do you have stock tune file? If it's a factory FF vehicle (sounds like it is), this spark blend table will already be populated so it should "work", but quite likely you would want to fine-tune that table based on your setup.

I can help you get those couple tables defined in this OS via cax file probably

Yes this is the the stock tune file, I've already added the flex fuel sensor to the truck. I still haven't tuned it yet, let me know what I'm missing if you would please!

aaronc7
September 13th, 2022, 02:58 PM
See attached, I made a cax8 file that added a few FF params. From what I can tell, this file already has FF enabled. Just enable "sensor fitted" and make sure it's displaying alcohol content in the scanner.

Then find the spark blend factor that I added in the Spark folder as well, so you can blend in spark as you need it based on E content.

Put the cax8 file in ...\EFILive\V8\User Defined Cax8\LS1B folder. You'll need to use the V8 editor.