PDA

View Full Version : V8 / V3 flashscan VE datalog and tuning help

58nate
October 3rd, 2022, 03:13 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me out a little with V8. I have a 5.3l / 6l80 that is pretty much stock, used a factory 6.2l non AFM cam and also a single turbo setup. I have installed factory 54lb injectors and a 3bar map without any problems and it runs pretty good. I can tell by the compensation that the VE table needs work so I read everything I could find for the last month about VVE tuning with EFIlive.

I used EFIlive & swingtan's guide as far as I could (they are for v7.5) and am at the point of datalogging. I am datalogging the 6 things listed in the guide and they work correctly. I have a AEM 30-4110 LSU 4.9 running serial to the V3 flashscan and it works great. This part gets murky and really no information out there, I'm trying to figure out what MAP I need to build for the datalog so I have information to compare to the B8105 (3bar virtual VE table). I have made a RPM/MAP/Ben1 factor map and not sure what to do with that information. I also played with a map logging VE sum uncorrected and map corrected VE and that information looked closer to what I might need but am really just guessing now.

58nate
October 3rd, 2022, 12:33 PM
I kind of answered some of my own questions and also did some more searching on other forums. So I had the ben and wideband setup right just need to take that info and multiply to correct the VE table. I did that and everything went very rich. I also noticed that I am commanding 11.5:1 and it datalogs commanded 11:1. So I set B0141 and B0143 to command 12:1 and the datalog shows commanded 11.6:1??? I checked and it stays in open loop the whole time. I'm going to guess this is why the ben numbers aren't correcting the fuel table correctly. Something is changing commanded fuel about half a point somehow.

58nate
October 4th, 2022, 04:19 AM
Finally figured it out. I was going through anything that could have been changing the fuel and remembered that my Aeroforce gauge showed 9% on flexfuel, so I turned off flexfuel and the AFR commanded shows what I set tables B0141 and B0143 to. Was just something that wasn't mentioned anywhere to have turned off. I didn't think calculated flexfuel did anything until a high percentage but I was wrong. Guess that's what I get for thinking.

joecar
October 6th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Use Lambda instead of AFR.

58nate
October 10th, 2022, 04:56 AM
Use Lambda instead of AFR.

Thanks! I pretty much had to switch over because I plan on using different fuels with different tunes and would get turned around really easy. All the old stuff I tuned back in the day was all AFR so I have to get used to Lambda now.