PDA

View Full Version : HPT marketing material

DrX
August 4th, 2006, 06:42 AM
This post is from the PT.net forum. Might be a little biased. Didn't see this on HPT's website.

This might help:

http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/HPTUNERSvsEFILIVE.pdf (http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/HPTUNERSvsEFILIVE.pdf)

- Keith, HP Tuners

joecar
August 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Looks like the author of that comparison had nothing better to do.

dc_justin
August 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I saw that too and was going to post it up.

I almost replied stating that to compare HPTs RTT "feature" to Real RTT with a roadrunner is almost laughable.

But didn't...

Black02SS
August 4th, 2006, 09:10 AM
It was wrote by foff from LS1Tech. He is a PCM Moderator as well as a HPT Beta tester.

foff667
August 4th, 2006, 09:42 AM
hey Im in state government so I have alot of time on my hands what can I say? If there are any fallacies in there I'd be more then happy to correct & or modify either side.

VT LS1 NZ
August 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
I also saw that when it was first posted.
You have to laugh they always have to justify their software,that came out when they released RTT need I say more...
The matrix makes HPT look good but when it actually comes down to it there is in my opinion no comparison.
I will refrain from saying more as we let EFILive product do all its talking.:cheers:

TAQuickness
August 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
hey Im in state government so I have alot of time on my hands what can I say? If there are any fallacies in there I'd be more then happy to correct & or modify either side.

That explains a lot.

GMPX
August 5th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Your taxes hard at work there :muahaha:

Cheers,
Ross

Ira
August 5th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Seems a lot like trying to pick resturants by reading the reports of a reviewer who reads the menus but never actually eats the food.

Ira

Alvin
August 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Someone should have a poll or a write up on how many people went from using HPTuners to EFIlive.

EFIlive's scanner and editor is far supierior in every way. The Roadrunner shouldn't even be compared with Hptuners RTT. I've own the roadrunner and used RTT for the first time last weekend. Rtt= what a joke.

I've never heard of a EFIlive user giong back to hptuners other than for platform support.:bawl:

Black02SS
August 6th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Won't work. It ends up in a lock. ;) Wonder why...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452488&highlight=HPT

TAQuickness
August 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I remember that one... Looks like Larry had his money on Live

VT LS1 NZ
August 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM

Haven't known anything to get locked here.The truth hurts thats why..;)

As I said before I let EFILive product do all its talking.:cheers:

dc_justin
August 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM

:muahaha:
Seems like they asked a question, you answered it, then they were upset about the answer. :rockon:

Blacky
August 6th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Here's the real RoadRunner v's HPT comparison...

http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/compare/Realtime_EFILive-HPT_Features_Comparison.pdf

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Foff

Care to add some feature you may have "overlooked"?
For starters (I could go on):

- Script processing to automate repetitive tuning tasks.
- Scan data linked to tuning tool so that engine conditions are displayed in real-time on calibration maps.
- Track current engine conditions so that updates are always applied to the correct cell.
- Programmable scan data export to Excel.
- 4 Scan modes supported, Generic, Dynamic, Stream-fast and Stream-slow.
- API for third party application integration.
- Supports interface cables from multiple manufacturers. FlashScan and AutoTap.
- VIN change supported in Scan Tool.
- Oil life reset supported in Scan Tool.
- Alison transmission bidirectional controls supported in Scan Tool.
- Alison TAP cell preset/reset supported in Scan Tool
- Alison transmission tuning and reflashing supporte din Tuning Tool.
- Scanning Duramax diesel supported in Scan Tool.

Regards
Paul

Black02SS
August 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM

http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/compare/Realtime_EFILive-HPT_Features_Comparison.pdf

Regards
Paul

I like that comparison on the RoadRunner. It shows truely how far more advanced it is then the RTT that HPT offers.

foff667
August 7th, 2006, 05:24 AM

Regards
Paul

I agree that RTT with the stock PCM isnt comparible to a custom made computer for specific applications...but for anyone already running a custom os its a free upgrade...and keeping the cost's down allows more users to use it.

Black02SS
August 7th, 2006, 05:29 AM
I agree that RTT with the stock PCM isnt comparible to a custom made computer for specific applications...but for anyone already running a custom os its a free upgrade...and keeping the cost's down allows more users to use it.
So can we expect to see a new revision to the PDF to show a more accurate comparison?

foff667
August 7th, 2006, 05:34 AM
So can we expect to see a new revision to the PDF to show a more accurate comparison?

im sending a pm to paul as we speak concerning it

foff667
August 7th, 2006, 05:44 AM
- Track current engine conditions so that updates are always applied to the correct cell.

not sure what this means

- Programmable scan data export to Excel.

how is this different from saving it to a csv file and then just opening it into excel?

- API for third party application integration.

not sure what this means

do you honestly think being able to reset your oil life in the scan tool rather then pushing a button as directed via the manual is going to sway people from one tool to the other? Same with being able to change the vin with the scan tool & editor rather then just the editor. Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.

pm sent

TAQuickness
August 7th, 2006, 08:51 AM
do you honestly think being able to reset your oil life in the scan tool rather then pushing a button as directed via the manual is going to sway people from one tool to the other? Same with being able to change the vin with the scan tool & editor rather then just the editor. Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.

Do you honestly think features such as:

Histogram Autoconfigure upon connection

Change Histogram while scanning

would sway customers? I guess you did so you included insignificant features of HPT in your "unbiased" comparison sheet. Might as well do it right or not at all.

Blacky
August 7th, 2006, 09:19 AM
not sure what this means

During real-time tuning, the PCM operates from different cells depending on varying engine conditions (usually RPM, MAP ECT etc). EFILive will move the currently selected cell in real-time to the cell that the PCM is currently using. That means when you press any of the cell modifiers (Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, F7, F8, Ctrl+F7 or Ctrl+F8) the changes are applied to the currently active cell.

- Programmable scan data export to Excel. how is this different from saving it to a csv file and then just opening it into excel?

Because many smart people have excel spreadsheets set up to expect PIDs names in a particular order and with particular names, EFILive allows you to select the PID export order and PID names that you want in the resulting excel spreadsheet.

- API for third party application integration. not sure what this means

API = Application Programmers Interface. It allows third parties, like dyno shops and other electroinic instrumentation manufacturers to make function calls into EFILive's software to tap the power of our scan tool. That means a dyno manufacturer can easily log all EFILive's scan tool data directly into their dyno application. This API is being used by dyno manufacturers and will soon be expenaded to include an electonic digital interface.

Lets say a workshop reflashes a customer's vehicle. That reflash will change the oil life counter. Sure you could just "reset" it but what if it was at 50%, you can't reset it to 50%. EFILive allows you to set the oil life value to whatever % you want IN THE SCAN TOOL. That means anyone with access to EFILive's scan tool can reset their oil life to the correct value. This is useful for mail order tuners' customers.

I was just pointing out that your idea of complete is, well, not really complete. Feel free to include those points. I don't expect you to, after all the document is so lopsided as to be laughable.

Just getting back to this quote:

do you honestly think being able to <insert any trivial gui based feature here>... Things like that get left out because a 30 page comparison wouldnt get read.
I would like to echo your sentiments about the following "important" features of HPT's software (give me a break!!!).

Drop Down Navigator
Tab Style Navigator
Tree Style Navigator
Adjust Cells with +/- Keys (just use F7/F8 in EFILive)
Built In Calculator (who really cares)

Adding "features" like that just shows the desperation for comparison items where HPT might "look" better than EFILive.

Bottom line is EFILive doesn't need or want a "tick the box" table like that - we just let people download and use our software, that's all it takes. This is the most recent quote (quotes like this roll in 3 or 4 times per week) from someone who used HPT for the first time...

Finally got a chance to use HPT and looked at a TBSS log & tune via HPT.
All I have to say is, those guys that proclaim HPT is better than EFILive must of destroyed one to many brain cells in their teen years!
Good god, I always thought it was at least half way decent by all the net hype!
I wouldn't even consider it competition especially the scanner compared to yours.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 7th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I have locked this thread due to the potential of it turning into a flame war.
Foff667, if you would like to make a response pm me.

Regards
Paul