PDA

View Full Version : ve ss reducing power

turbo
November 5th, 2022, 02:53 PM
hey guys im trying to tune a series 2 ve ss that the guy just put a cam in, auto with a 2800rpm stall converter, in second gear it cuts power like the esp it on but ive turned it off, first time ive had this problem, i prefer manuals lol.
not sure if ive logged the right things that might give someone an idea as to a cause.

thanks
pete.

turbo
November 7th, 2022, 04:49 PM
hey guys im trying to tune a series 2 ve ss that the guy just put a cam in, auto with a 2800rpm stall converter, in second gear it cuts power like the esp it on but ive turned it off, first time ive had this problem, i prefer manuals lol.
not sure if ive logged the right things that might give someone an idea as to a cause.

thanks
pete.

all fixed, was low on transmission fluid, for some reson with low fluid it would spin the wheels in second then reduce the power, some sort of slip protection i guess ?

joecar
November 13th, 2022, 11:52 AM
The trans can't protect itself (increase line pressure) if it has not enough fluid...

turbo
November 14th, 2022, 12:14 PM
yeah not sure why it would cut out but we topped it up nwith a little over 2L of fluid and it works perfectly.