PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Custom OS3 in a 2006 Truck?

dc_justin
August 4th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has done this before. I have a couple of 2006 trucks that I've tuned that would like to use the 2-bar tuning and the commanded fuel vs rpm vs map table on (one boosted, the other wants the milage). I learned from Paul that the 2006 OSs do not have enough available space in them to allow them to create custom OSs for them.
Therefore, I will need to come up with another way of doing this for these two individuals. Would the trucks run well using a 2005 OS in place of the 2006? I would assume so, but just want to check to see if it has been done before.
:nixweiss:

dc_justin
October 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Bump! If nobody knows, looks like I'll need to be a revolutionary and just go ahead and make the attempt. My biggest concern is possible TAC module issues.

MoTruck
October 31st, 2006, 05:20 AM
I am new to the forum. However, I have made it through the Auto VE tuning, trans tuning, etc just from reading, lots of logging, and experimenting. I would like to know what are the choices for this? I have a 2006 2500hd, 6.0L, with the 12587811 operating system. Is there a custom operating system for this? Thanks for the help and site full of knowledge! Dallas

TAQuickness
October 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
DC - If it's an LS1 512 PCM I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Mo - Welcome to the forum! Off the top of my head, I don't know if there is a COS for the OS you listed. However, there should be a list of compatible OS's in the custom OS upgrade tutorial (from scan or tune Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial).

dc_justin
October 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
DC - If it's an LS1 512 PCM I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Mo - Welcome to the forum! Off the top of my head, I don't know if there is a COS for the OS you listed. However, there should be a list of compatible OS's in the custom OS upgrade tutorial (from scan or tune Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial).

2003+ are 1MB PCMs with ETC... The ETC is what worries me. That and the 2006s seem to be a bit different. The typical airmass PIDs don't exist and the scan tool has a tough time pulling up the LTFT matrix. :nixweiss:

MoTruck
October 31st, 2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the help. I have already read the COS Tutorial. It does not show a OS for the number I listed. I guess, we will have to wait for a newer OS to be released. Thanks.