PDA

View Full Version : Dec 11, 2022, V8.3.32 Beta Release

Blacky
December 10th, 2022, 09:05 PM
V8.3.32 Public Beta Release

Be careful when installing the beta software on your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here (https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive).

Full Release Notes:
Whats New (https://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_3_32.htm)

DVersion Numbers:

After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.3.32
[*=1] FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.101

Download here:

Download V8.3.32 Beta_Setup (https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.3.32_Beta_Setup.exe)

Known Limitations:

Limitation #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Limitation #2: When opening CMF (CM2450B) Cummins 2022 tune files, the EFILive software will complain with the following message:
That is expected and the message may be ignored. We have only added the option to open CMF 2022 stock files so that EFILive can flash stock files. EFILive cannot be used to update the check sums of modified files. Modified files cannot be flashed.
Ignore the message if you are opening and flashing a 100% stock tune file. Do not attempt to flash a modified file, it will fail at the end of the flash and the vehicle will be left in a no-start condition until a stock file is flashed in.
Workaround: None.

Known Issues:

None.

Regards,
The EFILive Team

kangsta
December 12th, 2022, 10:16 PM
Feature Request: "ECM Info" button/pane like in V7.5. I often use it to check a ECM without having to do a full read. Miss this feature in V7.5, it still works currently but has the popup about the flashscan firmware compatibility first.

Blacky
December 13th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Feature Request: "ECM Info" button/pane like in V7.5. I often use it to check a ECM without having to do a full read. Miss this feature in V7.5, it still works currently but has the popup about the flashscan firmware compatibility first.

Good idea, I'll add it to the "to do" list.

Meanwhile, if you have a V3 device you can do this:
Diagnostics -> F1: Display Info -> F1: Display VIN/Info
That will display info for all detected modules, like this:

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 13th, 2022, 04:46 PM
I've added that option - turned out to be quite simple in the end.
Using the [Identify] button skips the test results and DTC retrieval, it only takes about 1-2 seconds per module to display the details:

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 13th, 2022, 05:15 PM
Thanks! :)

In-Tech
December 14th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Nice :)

Highlander
December 16th, 2022, 03:27 PM
awesome

Tre-Cool
December 17th, 2022, 03:21 AM
another thanks.

kangsta
December 19th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Using the [Identify] button skips the test results and DTC retrieval, it only takes about 1-2 seconds per module to display the details:

Regards
Paul

Thanks! it looks like it was well received by all the "old hats" around the forum too. Glad I could contribute a useful idea :laugh:

Tre-Cool
December 19th, 2022, 07:24 PM
would it be possible for the logger to show a large value from the pid.

I.e logging trans it shows text Park, Neutral etc etc but it's small text. would it be possible to change them to a single Large Letter or Number. P,R,N,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.

Just so it's easier to see at a quick glance. I still have perfect vision but with the amount of data being shown it doesn't stand out as much.

Highlander
December 22nd, 2022, 11:59 AM
it is hard to see, i agree, but. i've had a few other ideas that hopefully get implemented... got to love the scanner ability. V8 is super powerful.

That being said you can actually arrange the charts in whichever form you want. also the gauges could be made into a pseudo form of list (just takes a lot of time).

joecar
December 24th, 2022, 04:54 PM
(just takes a lot of time).+1.

Tre-Cool
December 28th, 2022, 08:52 PM
while not related to the beta & instead of starting a new thread. can you take a look at the 7.5 definition for t43 os 24256025 and see what is configured at the following address - 1F652A

I have a cax file defining it as below but get a conflict, but i can make a change in the binary directly and do a compare & efi does not see any changes. (V8 runs fine, but im lazy and still use v7 format/editor)

[D9812]
; Description
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESC.001 = Remove requirement for a Tap Shift movement before enabling Manual Mode
DESC.002 = Removes SPORTS MODE.
DESC.003 =
;
;
; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
; --- ---------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------ --- --- -- ---
VIEW = 4 "Up/Down Requirement" "Shift Control" "" 1 1 0 0
;
; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
ADDR = 1F652A 0 8 SED

Cheers

Highlander
December 30th, 2022, 05:01 PM
[D9812]
; Description
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESC.001 = Remove requirement for a Tap Shift movement before enabling Manual Mode
DESC.003 =
;
;
; --- ---------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------------ --- --- -- ---
;
ADDR = 1F652A 0 8 SED 0
;
; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
; --------------- -------------- ------ ---- -------- -------- -------- --------
SI_SLOT = Enable/Disable 1.0 0 0 0 1 0 1
;
; Body Col Row
; -------------- -------------- --------------
ULABELS = . . .
;
; Enumerations
; -------------------------------------------------------------------
SI_ENUM = "1=Enable,0=Disable"
IM_ENUM = "1=Enable,0=Disable"
;
; Units Labels
; ---------------- -----------------------------------------------------
SI_COL = .
IM_COL = .
;
SI_ROW = .
IM_ROW = .
; ================================================== =============================

WORKS FINE

Tre-Cool
December 31st, 2022, 12:00 AM
yeah i know it works. :-)

But, 7.5.48 gives an overlap error with stock defined parameter when it clearly doesn't.

if i load a file with that 1 bit changed vs another, the editor does not show any file differences.

Highlander
December 31st, 2022, 06:39 PM
Try my paste. it may just be a pasting error.

Tre-Cool
December 31st, 2022, 08:11 PM
tried from a blank cax file. copy/pasted your version same error.

Are you running the latest 7.5 too?

Highlander
January 1st, 2023, 03:20 PM
right now.. no.. i converted to v8. I will check v7

kangsta
January 3rd, 2023, 07:00 PM

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul, what version was it added in? Was it the in this V8.3.32 link on the first page or the next build?

kangsta
January 3rd, 2023, 08:37 PM
Hi Paul, what version was it added in? Was it the in this V8.3.32 link on the first page or the next build?

sorry, worked it out. It was under the "Read" button, the "Identify" button wasnt there for me

Blacky
January 4th, 2023, 04:27 PM
while not related to the beta & instead of starting a new thread. can you take a look at the 7.5 definition for t43 os 24256025 and see what is configured at the following address - 1F652A

I have a cax file defining it as below but get a conflict, but i can make a change in the binary directly and do a compare & efi does not see any changes. (V8 runs fine, but im lazy and still use v7 format/editor)

[D9812]
; Description
DESC.003 =
;
;
;
ADDR = 1F652A 0 8 SED

Cheers

The V7 and V8 software have both got that cal defined (D9600), but hidden. I have no idea why it is hidden. So it is defined in the calibration definition but it is never visible to the user. That is why you get the overlap in V7.
In V8, overlaps don't matter, so I would recommend using V8 to edit that cal via a *.cax8 file.

You can convert your V7 *.cax files to V8 *.cax8 files using the conversion option in EFILive V8 [F8: Tools] -> [F6: Bulk Files] -> [Convert User Calibration Files]

Or, if you just want to convert a single V7 cax cal you can use the drop down option on the [Convert Cax] button to interactively convert V7 cax definitions to their equivalent V8 cax8 section definitions, like this:

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why that cal was configured as hidden in the first place.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
January 6th, 2023, 02:51 PM
This addition to V8 was nice... I actually create the cax in v7 then convert to v8.

Tre-Cool
January 9th, 2023, 11:57 PM
This addition to V8 was nice... I actually create the cax in v7 then convert to v8.

same here. i find reloading the same file after making a cax update easier in v7

Blacky
January 11th, 2023, 11:20 AM
same here. i find reloading the same file after making a cax update easier in v7

Even when using the Ctrl+Alt+X option in V8 to reload changes to the currently loaded cax8 file(s)?
Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
January 12th, 2023, 01:57 AM
didnt know there was such a command.

i keep using v7 out of habit.

Highlander
January 12th, 2023, 08:07 AM
use v8... you will like it and not look back... i understand it takes a little to get used to, but paul added all the necessary conversions to not make this a PAIN. Once I did out of necessity for the Custom defined DMA PIDs, I have never looked back.

joecar
January 15th, 2023, 08:55 PM
+1 use V8, it grows on you, and you won't look back.

Blacky
January 19th, 2023, 03:05 PM
New beta update posted here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?31056-Jan-20-2023-V8-3-33-Beta-Release

See "What's New" for update details.

Regards
Paul