PDA

View Full Version : Why do our Aussie friends know about these things before we do?

emarkay
August 7th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Oops!

"...But just 37 years after Apollo 11, it is feared the magnetic tapes that recorded the first moon walk - beamed to the world via three tracking stations, including Parkes's famous "Dish" - have gone missing at NASA's Goddard Space Centre in Maryland...."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/one-giant-blunder-for-mankind-how-nasa-lost-moon-pictures/2006/08/04/1154198328978.html

...Um, roger that Houston, that's one small step for man, one giant leap [backwards] for mankind...BEEP.

joecar
August 7th, 2006, 09:31 AM
"Also among tapes feared missing are the original recordings of the other five Apollo moon landings."

Does this mean there is no 1st hand proof of mankind having kicked the moon...?

mnotx
August 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I would think we have scopes (Hubble) that could spot the wreckage/dune buggie/footprints, etc., and put it to rest? Surely there are few Lonestar beer bottles strewn about!

joecar
August 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I would think we have scopes (Hubble) that could spot the wreckage/dune buggie/footprints, etc., and put it to rest? Surely there are few Lonestar beer bottles strewn about! Or how about a half-eaten Vegemite sandwich left behind... :D
And golfing equipment with Vegemite handprints on it... :D

mnotx
August 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Or how about a half-eaten Vegemite sandwich left behind... :D
And golfing equipment with Vegemite handprints on it... :D

Man, I gotta give them the "tough-man" award. Drinking the beer is easy, but eating the waste by-products takes some serious determination! Kinda worries me about what they do with the empty bottles and cans! I don't recall seeing them along the roadsides.

joecar
August 7th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Why do our Aussie friends know about these things before we do? Because, other than the Kiwi's, the sun rises on the east coast of Oz before almost any other place. :D