PDA

View Full Version : Segment swap /fan issue for OS 12656198?

Tobyj177
August 29th, 2023, 11:57 AM
Does anyone have a compatible segment for this OS? Or able to segment an OS in to get the fans to work? I can't get the fans to come on with temperature. I applied the patch and i can get them to activate with DVT, but they refuse to come on with engine temp. Doing a bunch of reading, i think that may be my issue. Here's my current tune file:

Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
September 4th, 2023, 07:11 AM
Are you retrofitting efans to a non-factory efan application? If so, there are tables you need outside of EFILive to accomplish this. The Fan Patch just rescales the ECT axis so you can control the start point lower, it doesnt update things necessary to control an efan.

Tobyj177
September 4th, 2023, 07:16 AM
Are you retrofitting efans to a non-factory efan application? If so, there are tables you need outside of EFILive to accomplish this. The Fan Patch just rescales the ECT axis so you can control the start point lower, it doesnt update things necessary to control an efan.

Yes I am. Donor vehicle had engine driven fans. How do I add the tables to get E-fans to work?

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 12:48 AM

do a segment swap from this & see if it works for you

Tobyj177
September 5th, 2023, 04:31 AM
I've tried that file, it doesn't start after I swap the "system" portion- even after removing VATS. I tried removing it before and after segment swap, for some reason it doesn't work.

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 09:03 PM
have you got the clutch pedal position sensor installed/wired to the ecu or have you tried turning off the clutch check?

Tobyj177
September 6th, 2023, 03:31 AM
I have not. It's set to "yes" on my other tune, I didn't think much about it. I can try it. When I say it doesn't start, it will crank, but not fire.

Tre-Cool
September 6th, 2023, 12:30 PM
I have not. It's set to "yes" on my other tune, I didn't think much about it. I can try it. When I say it doesn't start, it will crank, but not fire.

ah ok. so your wired to starter directly then. sounds like a vats issue. sometimes you need to play with the settings to get them going. just turning off vats doesnt always work. you might need to play with the vats type option.