PDA

View Full Version : No start after segment swap

Tobyj177
September 3rd, 2023, 08:45 AM
At my wits end here.. Can anyone help me out with why this thing won't start after a "system" segment swap? Trying to get my fans to work. Using the same OS as what i have, but if i install the segmented tune, it doesn't fire. Runs fine if i put the original system segment back in. System segment is from a manual trans car...what I have is a 6L90. would that matter? File for reference:

ScarabEpic22
September 4th, 2023, 08:14 AM
Think you posted on FB as well. Need more info, is this a factory application or swap? You can't mix n match auto and manual stuff, that's partially defined in the System segment (and others).

If you want to get your fans to work, assuming efans in non-factory efan application. You need parameters modified that are not in EFILive, either need to have someone add via .cax, patch it yourself if you know the parameters/tables, or use another tuning platform for this part.

Tobyj177
September 4th, 2023, 12:43 PM
I did post on FB as well. So, I have no clue how to do anything with cax files. Does this same problem exist with HP tuners?

ScarabEpic22
September 7th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Not to over simplify it, but there are TONS of things defined in the System segment, a bunch of which we (the aftermarket) still don't know what they do. Don't swap segments unless you absolutely need to, especially in Gen IV+.

If you're only trying to get efans to work, yes other suites have the necessary parameters defined to accomplish it.