PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Truck E38 with manual transmissiion

Naf
September 3rd, 2023, 08:45 PM
I read all the posts, and searched. My only issue is I have to use the truck OS as I am using a gmlan converter to operate the cluster/instrument dials.

I tried the 2009 corvette os with a manual trans, and the gmlan converter did not work.

Besides me dumping another $100 on experimenting with another OS, does any one have a correct OS that has uses the trucks gmlan but has a manual trans?

ChipsByAl
September 4th, 2023, 06:31 AM
Changing the OS does not cost anything. Make sure the new OS is compatible with the current software in the ECM.
Al

Naf
September 4th, 2023, 06:10 PM
Changing the OS does not cost anything. Make sure the new OS is compatible with the current software in the ECM.
Al

You are correct, and I forgot to mention it was done prior with Hptuners, I know rivals, but I use both platforms, and ea has its Pros and Cons. HPT charge by the os, and iIf I were to do it with EFILive, I would have to license my ecu and that is still more money.

I searched and its a common problem, I would have to use the Corvette OS but the gateway I am using doesn't have the protocol for the Vette, just the truck gmlan. So its either run the cluster and no cruise control, or have cruise control and no cluster...

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 12:38 AM
have you tried doing a segment swap rather then a full tune swap?

Naf
September 5th, 2023, 12:43 AM
How could I do that? If the OS are not similar it will not accept a calibration write.

In theory, you are sayin keep the truck file, but do a calibration write of the corvette file?

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 01:31 AM
is there a similar os number that has the required manual option is what i mean. u could then just do a segment swap of the system segment. that seems to be the bit you need to swap.

Naf
September 5th, 2023, 02:05 AM
Doesnt work, tried that first. The truck os is looking for a gmlan trans speed signal. Its not there. So it maxes out the speedo, and goes into limp mode.

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 09:58 PM
what os are you using. i'll see if i can find anything if it's not defined already in efilive.

Naf
September 5th, 2023, 10:00 PM
what os are you using. i'll see if i can find anything if it's not defined already in efilive.

Current OS is 12630501

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 10:13 PM
forgot to ask before what was the corvette os you tried too.

Naf
September 5th, 2023, 10:15 PM

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 11:06 PM
ok on the corvette os the difference between man/auto is H0162. auto is serial data, man = pulse.

I know there's a bunch more parameters defined in hpt, which i could easily bring across, but there is also a holden commodore manual tune file that im wondering would be a better base file since it doesnt use a trans-axle setup. let me know if u want me to post the file. u could just try a segment swap on the corvette os from the holden 1.

Naf
September 5th, 2023, 11:10 PM
Does the holden commodore have the same gmlan as the gm truck?

How does one do a segment swap? I know of calibration flash, and full flash, never heard of a segment swap

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2023, 11:33 PM
i would bet that the commodore would be more compatible then the corvette changes since they used a lot of older serial comms gear for the dash clusters. where as commodore gear was all high & low speed can to modules.

Naf
September 6th, 2023, 04:45 PM
i would bet that the commodore would be more compatible then the corvette changes since they used a lot of older serial comms gear for the dash clusters. where as commodore gear was all high & low speed can to modules.

You are a God send.

Worked like a charm. The rpm on the dash works and the speedo is at zero when at a stand still. So its a win win.

I will let the designer for the gateway know there is an OS that will work

Thank you again

Tre-Cool
September 6th, 2023, 08:20 PM
what else does the gateway module do?

Naf
September 6th, 2023, 08:33 PM
It converts the GMLan so the Defender TDCI 2.4 gets RPM, engine light, oil light, batt light, coolant temp, and that is all.

The defender cluster/dash is semi canbus, the speedo functions from the sensor and the Transfer case diff lock also functions directly from the sensor.

Its a complicated simple device.

All I know is now I should have cruise control, and a manual transmission. Lets see how it all pans out next week,