PDA

View Full Version : 2Bar ?'s

MN C5
March 18th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Help me out here guys. I've built a turbo setup and was waiting for HPT 2.0 3 bar with extended tables.

While I've been waiting MegaSquirt has become an option. But I'd rather keep the stock pcm for various reasons.

Right now I'm leaning toward HPT 2bar because it doesn't seem clear to me how EFI Flashscan handles a boosted situation. Can someone help clarify the differences and pros/cons between EFI & HPT

GMPX
March 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM
You might want to checkout this thread -

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1119

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
March 18th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Ok, I read that very good info.

I'll have to poke around the site to see if there are any bin files for a 2 bar tune.

Highlander
March 18th, 2005, 01:41 PM
but the question is: have you guys worked a bit on this? or working still on other stuff...

MN C5
March 18th, 2005, 03:05 PM
From what I can gather enhanced features (Changing the PCM Code) are available from a couple of vendors that use EFI FlashScan on top of changing the PCM Code.

For about 1200 american it looks like you could get a 2bar tune from ChipMaster add that to purchasing EFI Flashscan and your at about TWO THOUSAND american dollars.

Not sure if its worth that, because you could just install the 2bar using the table values as half from a kpa standpoint.

That or MegaSquirt may be the best way to go IMHO.

Delco
March 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
From what I can gather enhanced features (Changing the PCM Code) are available from a couple of vendors that use EFI FlashScan on top of changing the PCM Code.

For about 1200 american it looks like you could get a 2bar tune from ChipMaster add that to purchasing EFI Flashscan and your at about TWO THOUSAND american dollars.

Not sure if its worth that, because you could just install the 2bar using the table values as half from a kpa standpoint.

I run Chipmaster and the tune we offer is a full custom 2 bar tune that was developed in conjunction with Ross (GMPX) a few years ago , It has already been hinted on how we do it presently ( we also change some stuff in the code for dual spark and some other features ) but it can be doe at present with the tools you have available.

A full 2 bar program and other speed density stuff is being developed for release to flashscan customers as a base starting point in the future but other things are taking priority at present but it will happen - rome wasnt built in a day

MN C5
March 19th, 2005, 07:42 AM

I run Chipmaster and the tune we offer is a full custom 2 bar tune that was developed in conjunction with Ross (GMPX) a few years ago , It has already been hinted on how we do it presently ( we also change some stuff in the code for dual spark and some other features ) but it can be doe at present with the tools you have available.

A full 2 bar program and other speed density stuff is being developed for release to flashscan customers as a base starting point in the future but other things are taking priority at present but it will happen - rome wasnt built in a day

Thanks for the reply. If I purchased your tune (2bar) would FlashScan be able to

1. Access the extended spark tables and other changes?

2. Or would I have normal access via flash scan (not being able to see the dual spark, ect..)

3. Or would I have to send it back to you guys for tuning?

Starr Performance was non-responsive to my requests about a year ago relating to these questions.

If the answers are 1 or 2 that wouldn't be a bad deal IMHO.

hpcubed
March 19th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I see that hptuners 2 bar option has tables such as "Boost Fuel". Will EFILive have similar tables?

Delco
March 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
1. Access the extended spark tables and other changes?

2. Or would I have normal access via flash scan (not being able to see the dual spark, ect..)

3. Or would I have to send it back to you guys for tuning?

Starr Performance was non-responsive to my requests about a year ago relating to these questions.

If the answers are 1 or 2 that wouldn't be a bad deal IMHO.

Yes you can acess all the fuel tables and spark tables using Flashscan , you can tune it yourself for the boosted application