PDA

View Full Version : Timing being pulled, but where?

DrX
August 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Something is pulling timing on me but I don't see where. I have WOT timing set to 22* but I am seeing it fall as low as 13* during a run. A0010 does not kick in until 175kPa which will never happen with a 3.25 pulley at these ambient temps.

I have logged all of the spark PIDS.

On a recent log the only activity I saw was: IAT spark -1.5* max and KR 1.5* max but both did not occur simultaneously. Only the -1.5* IAT spark was active when spark advance was at the minimum of 13-14*(ambient was 35*C and IAT climbed to 81*C under boost). So I should still have seen 22-1.5=20.5* of advance.

Tonight ambient was 23*C. WOT timing logged at 18.5*-19* with no KR. Didn't log IAT spark though. A couple of months back, when I first bumped the timing up to 22*, that's exactly what I saw when logging.

I've checked all the multipliers as well.

Is there anywhere else that I can look?

nitrorocket
August 10th, 2006, 01:31 AM
I forgot the table name or number... but there is table in "engine protection" for kr retart timing that has values on how much timing to remove if based on the severity if kr read. You can adjust these values, but I would leave them as is. They protect your motor.

Turn off burst knock, as that is just a computer guesss, and just stay with the regualr KR that is read by the sensors themselves. You must either be hittong a spot on the ve map or timing map that is causing detonation for 1 instant. This will retard timimg alot and it will take a while to gradually go back to normal (a few seconds).

Do you understand my jabber?

ringram
August 10th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Log all the EST spark modifiers as well. That will help you see where its going. Oh and ASPARK to see if its hanging around in the lower octane table too.

DrX
August 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM
No KR was logged and Burst KR was disabled. Also curious as to why MAP does not log over 105kPa(boost). I logged the sae.map pid.

This is what I saw:

Black02SS
August 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM
How many pids do you have selected? Have you scaled the MAP scaler for the new 2bar sensor?

DrX
August 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM
How many pids do you have selected? Have you scaled the MAP scaler for the new 2bar sensor?

Only the PIDs shown above. Boost logs fine when I use my AutoVE PID set. I logged my Spark PID selection shown above and my AutoVE PID selection one right after the other tonight. Both include SAE.MAP but logged MAP doesn't go over 105 with the Spark set of PIDs. Went up to 170 with my AutoVE PID set. It's like I only have a 1 bar sensor when I log the spark PIDs.

Black02SS
August 13th, 2006, 05:50 PM
How many channels are selected with those pids?

DrX
August 14th, 2006, 02:44 AM
How many channels are selected with those pids?

Hehe......Plenty of channels-45. But I had to log all of the spark PIDS. Not that I found the culprit. I'll cut some of the inactive PIDs and see what happens to the MAP.

Black02SS
August 14th, 2006, 06:07 AM
First lets get it down to 24 and go from there. 45.... :lol:

DrX
August 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM
OK, MAP is showing boost again with 23 channels used. Still don't see where the 3-4* of timing is going. Base is 22. Cyl1 shows 18.5. No KR and ASPARK is locked at 100%.

Black02SS
August 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Post up your tune as well as your logs with less then 24 channels. :lol:

DrX
August 14th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Here's the last log and tune:

Black02SS
August 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Alright, I looked over the logs and don't really see a problem. I would like for you to do another run with the same tune. This time include TPS, IAT, ECT. You can remove Run Spark, Spark Smoothing, Burst Knock, Induction Air Temp, Equivalence Ratio.

Also, how much boost are you runing again?

DrX
August 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Oops. I was just out playing with a 2.75" pulley and some methanol(50/50) injection. So obviously right now I have a slightly different tune in(mainly the VE tables). Same spark tables. Haven't done much work on it yet. Uses a lot of meth but I really don't see any cooling effect. I did see an effect on AFR though??

IAT spark does come into play at times. I think you will see a little in tonights log even though that PID wasn't included. This is in addition to the other 3* or so that is unaccounted for. Funny thing is I think that Cyl1 spark was closer to Base Spark more often in tonights log. Might have to do a tune compare.

I think I saw 9 psi during the logging run posted earlier. Guage went to 12.5-13 psi:eek: during the run below. You can see where I had to back off the throttle because I was just smoking the tires.

SinisterSS
August 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Are you using a MAF or MAP driven meth system?

DrX
August 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Are you using a MAF or MAP driven meth system?

MAP. I currently have it setup to kick in at around 4 psi and ramp up to full at 10-12 psi(as far as I can tell). I no longer have a MAF sensor. The meth system was not active in the earlier runs with the 3.25 pulley. This is the first time I tried it with the 2.75 pulley.

DrX
August 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Alright, I looked over the logs and don't really see a problem. I would like for you to do another run with the same tune. This time include TPS, IAT, ECT. You can remove Run Spark, Spark Smoothing, Burst Knock, Induction Air Temp, Equivalence Ratio.

Also, how much boost are you runing again?

Finally had a chance to change the pulley/tune back tonight. Didn't see any KR even though the same tune is now lean at WOT!? Ambient was only 14*C. Still losing a few degrees of timing somewhere. I saw the same thing happening with the smaller pulley on. I even advanced the timing 2* more without seeing any KR at 12 psi, but what I ended up with was always a few degrees less than what the high octane table called for. Here is tonight's log to compare to the previous one.

DrX
December 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Still baffled by this one as well. Don't see any KR. Scalar is locked at 100%. I have zeroed the entire Burst Knock Timing table even though I already had Burst KR disabled by bumping up the Delta Airmass table 1000%. The high RPM/Airmass end of my High Octane spark table is now all at 22*.

But I still see a few degrees of timing being pulled by 175 kPa, starting with .5* around 155 KpA. Boost Timing table was zeroed up to 195 kPa which I will never reach. None of the other spark reduction tables should be kicking in either based on the way they are setup.

Here's todays log: