PDA

View Full Version : google search E38 EFI live tune.

Rwhite85
October 27th, 2023, 12:57 PM
i am new to EFI. I have tried to find videos on how to tune. I am most defiantly a visual learner all there is out there is HP videos. anyone know why that is or is there a place i can see videos on building a tune for a E38 pcm.

Highlander
October 27th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Not sure there are many specific videos for EFILive. You can check out the ELITE tuning school. They have been avid EFILive users. If you want a specific class, i am sure they would entertain the idea.

What is your initial issue?

Rwhite85
October 29th, 2023, 03:59 AM
my stock l20 4.8 let me down at 240k and not mad about it. pulled the 4.8 and install 5.3l with sloppy stage 2 cam and 243 heads with bigger valve springs
truck has a 38 ecm. so changes i made are 4.8 to 5.3 and thats not a big change other then the 585 lift cam. so the big change is really the cam. the biggest thing i know of it timing. 4.8vvt could get 60 deg of timing and the 5.3 can not get close with the cam.
i am not building a race truck. its my everyday truck. i just want it tuned to have a good choppy sound and still able for my wife to hit the key and go. i have done the timing and it runs ok. my biggest problem i think is u never know what it is going to sound like at idle. if i flat foot it around 6k rpm it goes into reduce power. there is still so much to tune. i do have it in open loop. going to try mafless today. i wish i would went for a different ecm now this 38 is crazy ad its my first tune.