PDA

View Full Version : B8802 Commanded Power

RC1
November 17th, 2023, 06:50 AM
Good day,

I'm chasing a couple of throttle closure issues, and I noticed that B8802 Commanded Power has TPS% as the column axis, yet the description says Pedal Position is the column link. In the link.ini file it says SAE.TPS is the column link. Since there is no SAE.TPS listed in the pids selection, I'm assuming that TP in ECM-Generic is the correct PID to log.
Having said that, which one is the correct column axis, TP or Pedal Position?

Tre-Cool
November 20th, 2023, 08:03 PM
generally the etc ecu's use GM.APP for accelerator pedal position
GM.ETCTP for the actual blade position.

RC1
November 21st, 2023, 04:03 AM
generally the etc ecu's use GM.APP for accelerator pedal position
GM.ETCTP for the actual blade position.

I've always used ETCPP1 for the pedal and TP for actual throttle position and it's always worked as I would expect. It's just that when trying to link the table to the scan tool, the descriptions are all out of whack.

RC2
August 7th, 2024, 01:25 PM
I've always used ETCPP1 for the pedal and TP for actual throttle position and it's always worked as I would expect. It's just that when trying to link the table to the scan tool, the descriptions are all out of whack.

I'm re-visiting this thread as I'm the one who started it but had to re-register.
ETCPP1 works exactly as expected for pedal position, as does TP for throttle position. My question is, can someone help me understand why B8802 Commanded Power would be tied to the throttle position instead of pedal position? Doesn't pedal position make more sense as it represents Driver Demand?