PDA

View Full Version : Innovate and MAP.

tgeers
August 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM
What is the best way to capture the MAP signal with the Innovate? I can't get to the MAP sensor. Is there a good alternative?

Thanks
Tony

joecar
August 11th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Can't you log MAP from the Scan Tool...?

tgeers
August 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Sure can, but I was wanting a way to record the Map without having to have my laptop set up. Especially when I'm racing. I've tried using the black box logging but I've not been very consistant in getting it to work. I have my Innovate sitting on the consol and all I have do do is press the record button before a run down the track.

I"m just hoping this will be easier for me. I'm assuming I could connect a wire to the PCM. The question is where?

Tony

joecar
August 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Sure can, but I was wanting a way to record the Map without having to have my laptop set up. Especially when I'm racing. I've tried using the black box logging but I've not been very consistant in getting it to work. I have my Innovate sitting on the consol and all I have do do is press the record button before a run down the track.

I"m just hoping this will be easier for me. I'm assuming I could connect a wire to the PCM. The question is where?

TonyTony,

What BB problems have you been having...?

When programming the BB with the PID's to log, you must be sure that the status line across the bottom of the Scan Tool window shows your correct VIN, OS, and transmission (manual/automatic); samething when pulling the logged data from the BB.

I don't know enough about the LM-1, someone can add their comments here.

Joe

TAQuickness
August 11th, 2006, 08:40 PM
year make model of your car?

I believe you will need a signal splitter of sorts if you want to log MAP in the LM-1.

All said and done, it may very well be easier to troubleshoot your black box problems than to split the MAP signal.

joecar
August 11th, 2006, 09:40 PM
TA, you're up pretty late, eh mate...? :D

TAQuickness
August 11th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Just getting ready to rig up the fuel pressure.