PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another EGR thread.......

Alan
February 4th, 2024, 05:26 AM
My understanding is the EGR system's purpose is to reduce NOx emissions, also the SCR's purpose is to reduce NOx emissions.

My question is:
Is it possible to disable the EGR, and its related codes, checks, etc., And use the SCR to compensate for the change?

I have already replaced the entire exhaust system from a larger engine series, I'm running the entire system from an LML on the LWN engine.
It works great and I have roughly 950-1300 miles in between regen cycles. No check engine light and have passed emissions tests multiple times.
I have no tune and no ECU modifications. I just ordered a FlashScan V3, In my area emissions are done, however, a pass/fail is based on actual tailpipe emissions. (No Emissions related codes present)

With the larger exhaust, I have a lot of ammonia slip, and I think it will be fine, I just don't know if this idea is possible with the controls of EFIlive.

My Truck:
2019 Colorado ZR2, 2.8L LWN engine
Complete exhaust from Silverado HD (LML), Sensors moved from Stock exhaust, using DEF injector from Silverado.

joecar
February 6th, 2024, 01:45 PM
It is not possible to delete EGR and it is illegal to do so.

Alan
February 6th, 2024, 02:48 PM
It is not possible to delete EGR and it is illegal to do so.

Even if I'm complying with my local Emissions Regulations? I understand in the US, it's a blanket "NO", however, my regulations are actual output not device-related.

For example, just because all the devices are present, and no check engine light (passes in all US locations) does not mean it will pass here.
Example: Perkins Tier 4, fails, and must have a larger DPF installed. Which is where I got the idea to install a larger DPF on my truck.