PDA

View Full Version : EFILive powers first 11 second Duramax "diesel"

McRat
August 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM
"Casper" is our 2500HD GMC Duramax Diesel pickup. It is used for hauling parts, picking up kids, and towing the Corvette when needed.
Last night at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, at 2135' DA, Casper ran 11.77 @ 114.56 to become the first "diesel fuel only" Duramax to run an 11 second quarter mile in the nation:

http://www.fuzzydiceracing.com/k/Mcratracingvideo_0004.wmv

Casper has McRat Racing EFILive tuning, Pacific Performance Engineering dual CP3 injection pumps, a High Tech Turbo - "McRat Edition" turbocharger, and a Mike L. Frankenstein II Suncoast transmission and Suncoast "McRat" converter.
Estimated RWHP is 650, and raceweight was 6460.

I better spruce the Blue Meanie (our Z06) up pretty soon or it's tow vehicle will be quicker than what's on the trailer!!!

We will put a rollbar in it and take it to Texas for the DHRA Nationals at HRP in OcTober 14/15 and try to beat up on the trailer queen Dodge trucks.

GMPX
August 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Pat, I posted this in the General Gas section earlier today (just to give them a scare!). Don't fear LS1 guys, Pat's LS1 Vette is still faster :)

Cheers,
Ross

McRat
August 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
DOH!!!

And the Vette is an LS6!!!! :D

Yes, when the truck catches the Vette, the Vette will either get cubic inches or forced induction. I'm thinking cubes. There is no replacement for displacement.

ScarabEpic22
August 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Very cool man, thats awesome!