PDA

View Full Version : Mar 23, 2024, V8.4.48 Beta Release

Blacky
March 15th, 2024, 02:07 PM
V8.4.48 Public Beta Release

Be careful when installing the beta software on your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V2 users:
Firmware versions V2.08.199 and later are ONLY compatible with the EFILive V8 software, they are NOT compatible with any version of the EFILive V7.5 software.
You SHOULD only update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V8 software.
You SHOULD NOT update the firmware to version V2.08.199 or later if you intend to use the EFILive V7.5 software.
NOTE: The V7.5 software is no longer actively supported - EFILive does not provide technical support for the EFILive V7.5 software.

WARNING for FlashScan/AutoCal V3 users:
Firmware versions V3.00.117 and later may only be rolled back to version V3.00.114.

The current public release is available here (https://www.efilive.com/download-efilive).

Full Release Notes:
What's New (https://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_3_48.htm)

Version Numbers:

After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.4.48
[*=1] FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.117
[*=1] FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.200

Download here:

Download V8.4.48_Beta_Setup_2 (https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.4.48_Beta_Setup_2.exe) (Updated: Mar 24, 2024)
Firmware_V2.08.201 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/Firmware_V2_08_201.zip) (Updated: Mar 30, 2024)
Firmware_V3.00.117(3) (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/Firmware_V3_00_117(3).zip) (Updated: Apr 06, 2024)

Known Limitations:

Limitation #1: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Limitation #2: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), that are specific to a custom operating system such as DSP2 or DSP5 PIDs when running a stock operating system, the values returned by those DMA PIDs will not contain valid information and should be ignored.
Workaround: Ignore unsupported DMA PIDs.

Known Issues:

Issue #1: (Mar 16, 2024) When using a FlashScan/AutoCal V2 device to flash a controller that is in dead-poll mode (i.e. after a failed flash), the target controller may not be detected correctly and the flash may fail after about 30 seconds but still report "Script file completed successfully."
Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.47 Setup 2 (or later) from the link above and update your V2 device's firmware to V2.08.200 or later.

Issue #2: (Mar 17, 2024) Using the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+X was only re-loading the first *.cax8 file. Additional *.cax8 files were not being re-loaded.
Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.47 Setup 3 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #3: (Mar 23, 2024) Data logging both a TCM and ECM when one device is not present can cause data corruption in the data log file.
Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 (or later) and firmware V3.00.117 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #4: (Mar 23, 2024) Some installations on some PCs/Laptops do not startup correctly and/or produce an unrecoverable error when starting up.
Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 (or later) from the link above. When starting EFILive_ScanAndTune, hold down the [Ctrl] key on the PC's keyboard to force the software to produce a startup trace/log file in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace. If the errors still occur, please create a help desk ticket here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket and attach the startup trace/log files. Note: Windows may start an application minimized to the task bar if/when the [Ctrl] key is held down when starting - so you may need to click on the application icon on the task bar to make the main window visible.

Issue #5: (Mar 24, 2024) Sometimes EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe fails to start and appears to hang.
Workaround: Install Beta V8.4.48 Setup 2 (or later) from the link above.

Issue #6: (Mar 29, 2024) when clicking on the [EFILive Control Panel] button in the main Scan and Tune window, the Control Panel may display the error "Can't get semaphore for control of EFILive_Hapi" after 10 seconds.
Workaround: You will most likely hear a beep (indicating the error dialog is being displayed), but you can't see it because it is behind the EFILive Scan and Tune window. The Scan and Tune software window will appear to freeze so you cant minimize it. Instead use Alt+Tab to cycle through the running applications until you see the blank Control Panel Window - the error dialog should then be visible, click [OK] on the error dialog to dismiss the error and the V8 Scan and Tune software will resume operating correctly.

Issue #7: (Mar 30, 2024) Flashing CM2350B (CME) or CM2450B (CMF) controllers may fail when using FlashScan/AutoCal V2.
Workaround: Update FlashScan/AutoCal V2 devices with firmware V2.08.201 (or later). Download the updated firmware (using the link above) into a temporary folder, then unzip the firmware files into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (you may need admin privileges). Then use the EFILive V8 [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware on FlashScan V2 and AutoCal V2 devices.

Issue #8: (Apr 06, 2024) Opening encrypted *.cax8 files using a FlashScan V3 results in the error "Invalid cryptographic operation".
Workaround: Update FlashScan V3 devices with firmware V3.00.117(3) (or later). Download the updated firmware (using the link above) into a temporary folder, then unzip the firmware files into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (you may need admin privileges). Then use the EFILive V8 [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware on FlashScan V3 devices.

Regards,
The EFILive Team

Woody35
March 17th, 2024, 09:15 AM
FYI I had some BBL issues with my Flashscan V3 after the latest Firmware update. Reverted back to previous firmware and logs look normal again. Support ticket has been sent.

Other than that, the software update works well. Those LML Injection table changes make a bit more sense now. Not sure what the plan is for the future but additional E86 updates are always appreciated!

Highlander
March 18th, 2024, 02:56 AM
I can confirm this.

Lennydmaxguy
March 18th, 2024, 01:12 PM
I'm no longer able to load tune files saved with V8 in V7.5. Is that by design, or will it be fixed?

Highlander
March 19th, 2024, 03:49 AM
FYI I had some BBL issues with my Flashscan V3 after the latest Firmware update. Reverted back to previous firmware and logs look normal again. Support ticket has been sent.

Other than that, the software update works well. Those LML Injection table changes make a bit more sense now. Not sure what the plan is for the future but additional E86 updates are always appreciated!
How were you able to revert back to older firmware?

Thanks

Woody35
March 19th, 2024, 04:48 AM
Connect Flashscan. Open Explorer and go to F12:Firmware Tab. I had the old V3.00.111 as an option to download to the Flashscan. I just looked and it isnt there anymore. I might have inadvertently saved over it when I was reinstalling the different software versions trying to troubleshoot my log issues. I will say though even if you download the old firmware, you will not be able to flash new files if you updated your configuration files. You will receive Script Errors. I am not sure how to recover old Config versions. I didn't spend much time trying.

Woody35
March 19th, 2024, 05:16 AM
EFI Live support had me remove my Transmission Controller and PIDs from my BBX settings. With new Firmware and Software I can now log Engine PIDs with no issues. Hope that helps someone in the interim until a future update occurs.

Highlander
March 19th, 2024, 06:49 AM
Connect Flashscan. Open Explorer and go to F12:Firmware Tab. I had the old V3.00.111 as an option to download to the Flashscan. I just looked and it isnt there anymore. I might have inadvertently saved over it when I was reinstalling the different software versions trying to troubleshoot my log issues. I will say though even if you download the old firmware, you will not be able to flash new files if you updated your configuration files. You will receive Script Errors. I am not sure how to recover old Config versions. I didn't spend much time trying.

Just read your options.txt and format config system and program config files-slower method. Let me see if i can try another firmware. I get an error downgrading from 116 to 111.

Highlander
March 19th, 2024, 06:54 AM
IT ACCEPTED THE DOWNGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my device back!

Woody35
March 19th, 2024, 06:58 AM
IT ACCEPTED THE DOWNGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my device back!

Good to hear! Did you program your old Config Files first or the old Firmware?

Blacky
March 19th, 2024, 11:13 AM
I'm no longer able to load tune files saved with V8 in V7.5. Is that by design, or will it be fixed?

That is by design. When changes/updates are made to the content/format of the *.ctz files, the older software can longer read/interpret the data in the *.ctz files.
Updates and maintenance to the V7 software were stopped 2 years ago - that software version is no longer supported.

If there is anything that you use V7 for that you can't use V8 for, please let us know so that we can ensure that functionality is available in V8.

For now (while the beta version is active) you can uninstall it and re-install the previous public release (to get all the config/setup files back).
You can even downgrade your FlashScan firmware to any all the way back to 3.00.105

If you have saved any tune files using the latest beta version, you cannot use those files with any other version except the beta version.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 19th, 2024, 11:18 AM

You would need to uninstall the beta version and re-install the current public release.
You can use EFILive Explorer to downgrade the firmware to V3.00.106 to match the public release version.

Use this as a guide:

If you are using the current public release, you should have matching Software V8.3.38 and Firmware V3.00.106
If you are using the latest beta release, you should have matching Software V8.4.47 and Firmware V3.00.116

You cannot mix and match config/setup files from the two different versions.

Regards
Paul

Mitco39
March 19th, 2024, 11:41 AM
That is by design. When changes/updates are made to the content/format of the *.ctz files, the older software can longer read/interpret the data in the *.ctz files.
Updates and maintenance to the V7 software were stopped 2 years ago - that software version is no longer supported.

Regards
Paul

I knew this was coming, call me old school but its going to be tough to say bye to V7.5, its treated me so well over the years and I still am using it 90% of the time. Ah well.... lol

Lennydmaxguy
March 19th, 2024, 12:49 PM
That is by design.

If there is anything that you use V7 for that you can't use V8 for, please let us know so that we can ensure that functionality is available in V8.

Regards
Paul

There's a lot of LML stuff that isn't in there. But I think that's by design also?

And sometimes V7.5 will load a BIN file where V8 won't. I just like having both and it's nice if the files load seamlessly.

I actually do have a workaround, but I doubt it's approved, so I'll just say it is possible to get a file opened in the old version after being saved in the Beta version.

Highlander
March 19th, 2024, 04:34 PM
I knew this was coming, call me old school but its going to be tough to say bye to V7.5, its treated me so well over the years and I still am using it 90% of the time. Ah well.... lol

There are many tools that actually aid in converting over. What is stopping you from using v8? anything i can help with to make the transition? I had the exact same thought about it as you did and I haven't used v7 in 2 years or more now.

Highlander
March 19th, 2024, 04:36 PM
Good to hear! Did you program your old Config Files first or the old Firmware?

Old firmware...

Mitco39
March 19th, 2024, 09:15 PM
There are many tools that actually aid in converting over. What is stopping you from using v8? anything i can help with to make the transition? I had the exact same thought about it as you did and I haven't used v7 in 2 years or more now.

Time honestly, I have a ton of cax files and while some do work in the converter some do not and force me to spend time to pick through the layout and see why its not happy. Its just been quicker to keep working in V7 then use V8 to lock and make BBX.

Tre-Cool
March 20th, 2024, 12:20 AM
i still use 7.5, 95% of the time too. i've been slow to go across to v8.

what would be nice to get in v8 is being able to open hpt's custom os files. i dont care to look at the ve map modification they did. in 7.5 i can often rename the factory os calz file to the hpt os number & can open, edit files & flash back in.

maybe even an option/pop up that allows u to select the definition file to try on an unknown os ? since we all know the remaining calibration data in the file itself doesn't change in the custom hpt stuff. (ls1,e38) maybe make that feature available in the pro-tuning option. ;-)

Lennydmaxguy
March 20th, 2024, 02:54 PM
Time honestly, I have a ton of cax files and while some do work in the converter some do not and force me to spend time to pick through the layout and see why its not happy. Its just been quicker to keep working in V7 then use V8 to lock and make BBX.

Same here

i still use 7.5, 95% of the time too. i've been slow to go across to v8.

what would be nice to get in v8 is being able to open hpt's custom os files. i dont care to look at the ve map modification they did. in 7.5 i can often rename the factory os calz file to the hpt os number & can open, edit files & flash back in.

maybe even an option/pop up that allows u to select the definition file to try on an unknown os ? since we all know the remaining calibration data in the file itself doesn't change in the custom hpt stuff. (ls1,e38) maybe make that feature available in the pro-tuning option. ;-)

Good points as well.

I love the fact that Efilive is flexible with other tuning systems with the ability to load BIN files, and CAX add ins. The competition, OTOH, is doing everything in their power to make it impossible to use anything BUT their system.

Woody35
March 30th, 2024, 03:11 PM
Well the latest beta V8 update restores ECM and TCM logging without any glitches for me.

Ninety8C5
April 1st, 2024, 09:11 AM
I can't download V2 Firmware version V2.08.201. It starts to open a new page then it immediately closes the page with nothing being downloaded.

Thanks,

Blacky
April 7th, 2024, 12:47 AM
Next beta update posted here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?31508-Apr-07-2024-V8-4-49-Beta-Release