PDA

View Full Version : cant edit maps

minytrker
August 12th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Everytime I try to edit a map the whole scanning software locks up. It doesnt matter if its a log file or if Im building a new map. Anyone?

TAQuickness
August 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM
tried rebooting the PC lately?

Install any new software?

Update any software?

minytrker
August 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
tried rebooting the PC lately?

Install any new software?

Update any software?

Yes several times

No

No

TAQuickness
August 13th, 2006, 03:40 AM
and this just started up?

minytrker
August 13th, 2006, 04:58 AM
yep out of no where

TAQuickness
August 13th, 2006, 06:21 AM
what about window's updates?

minytrker
August 13th, 2006, 04:24 PM
My computer auto updates so it may have updated, I dont know.

minytrker
August 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Well I dont think thats it because all my computers sauto update and I can edit maps on them, just all of a sudden not on my newest lapptop that i tune with.

Tordne
August 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
So can you actually edit the properties of the MAP but it is just not being saved to disk and the changes are lost - or is it more primary than that?

I assume seeing as you mention Windows Update that you are using Windows XP, so perhaps check the filesystem permissions on the "My Documents\EFILive\V7\Maps" folder. This is done by:
1) Right clicking on the folder and choosing "Sharing and Security..."
2) Go to the "Security" tab and see if your user or group is listed and that you have "Full Control" or "Modify" with a tick in the "Allow" column.

We'll get ya sorted somehow :)

Cheers,

Blacky
August 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Can you send the *.map files that you are working with to me at paul@efilive.com
I'll check them to make sure nothing "bad" has happened to them.
They usually live in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7\Maps

Regards
Paul

joecar
August 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Should Lorenz try any of the following?

a. Delete the registry: showpost.php?p=27842&postcount=4 (http://www.forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=27842&postcount=4)
b. Uninstall, delete registry, reinstall.
c. Delete the maps and recreate them from scratch.

---> But first do email your maps to Paul.

minytrker
August 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Can you send the *.map files that you are working with to me at paul@efilive.com
I'll check them to make sure nothing "bad" has happened to them.
They usually live in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7\Maps

Regards
Paul

Im sending you a map now. Its any map I try to use, including making a new one. If I click on map properties or do control + enter it just locks up and I have to control alt delete and end the program. So I can't make a new map, or edit any of my old maps.

Blacky
August 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Well, there is nothing wrong with the map file, so the next step is to try Joe's suggetion of deleting the EFILive registry branch.
If that does not work, then try running the installation again and seleecting the repair option - just in case one or more files have been damaged.

One other thing to check is your PC's regional settings (Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options) - it is recommended to have it set to English-United States, or any other setting that also uses the "." as a decimal point symbol.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
August 15th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I ended having to delete the registry, works like a champ again. Once again thanks for the help.

Lorenz

Should Lorenz try any of the following?

a. Delete the registry: showpost.php?p=27842&postcount=4 (http://www.forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=27842&postcount=4)
b. Uninstall, delete registry, reinstall.
c. Delete the maps and recreate them from scratch.

---> But first do email your maps to Paul.