PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS, now no PCM comm's

tazinhawaii
August 13th, 2006, 04:50 AM
I'm trying to go to the custom boosted OS system in my 01 Z06 vette. I followed the tutorial and used custom OS 01250003 (my original was 12202088 ). I uploaded the OS, then uploaded my former calibrations, and then changed the items needed per the tutorial. I should note that I am using Road Runner. Now I have no PCM communications when I check the DTC display. And I get a bunch of other codes that go along with that (U1000's). Have I done something wrong? I'm now at a loss.

Thanks,
Derrick

dfe1
August 13th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Take baby steps, not giant ones. First eliminate the RoadRunner from the system so you can eliminate that as a variable. Then follow the tutorial steps so that you wind up with the same tun file in the custom OS as you were using in the original OS. (You didn't mention whether you downloaded and checked the custom OS after you uploaded the tun file.) If you're still getting the errors, reload the original complete file and see if the problems were eliminated.

tazinhawaii
August 13th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Well, I decided to try and load the orignal OS back and it was doing the same thing. So I decided to do a cold reboot of the PCM and removed the fuses for it and reinstalled them. Everything's good now... Even with the new OS system. I gues the PCM just got tied up in a knot or something.

Thanks,
Derrick